2 year old cat (female) in heat

Ellatomic

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello, i adopted a 2 year old cat a few weeks ago. I already had a 3 month old kitten (male) and a small dog. In the beginning It was rough for the new cat, but within a weak she was more receptive with me and my pets. Things starting to look better untill she entered the heat period. Now she is only hiding under the bed and wherever no one can see her. Doesn't go out at all, i eaven put food and water under the bed. Is It because of the heat? How can i help her? She doesn't eaven want to see me so It is quite dificult

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
How do you know she is in heat? It is usually the opposite that happens, they won't leave you alone and are always around. Something must have happened to make her suddenly afraid. Did she and the dog or kitten get into a fight? Did something happen around the house that may have scared her? She may be unwell, does she need to go to the vet for anything in the near future to be checked out. Cats don't just start hiding for no reason, SOMETHING happened and must be found out, either illness or fright.

fionasmom

Staff Member
Purraise
I agree. The only cat I ever rescued who went into heat was insistent of attention and affection, irritatingly so, with the usual heat behaviors of rubbing, twisting on the floor, etc. This needs to be investigated further.