2 Weeks Away. Young Kittens

shelbyviper

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I will be away for two weeks and I have five kittens that were born on Memorial Day this year 2019 along with three adult cats. The kittens are part Siamese on their father's side and I'm wondering since there's so many kittens will they be okay without somebody here with them for two whole weeks. Will they have enough company in each other. My sister-in-law is going to come once a day to check food water and litter boxes but I don't think she'll stay and play with
them should I worry?

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Welcome to TCS! :wave3: You came to the right place to ask about cat and kitten advice. Personally I would suggest your sister-in-law or a pet sitter visit more than once a day. The kittens are still young and can get into mischief. Therefore, it would be in their best interest to have someone play with them to give both mental and physical stimulation. If it were me I would feel more comfortable knowing they had someone checking and/or monitoring them more often than once a day.

Here is a helpful Article about leaving cats alone:
How Long Can You Leave Your Cat Alone For?

Last edited:

Jcatbird

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Would she be willing to house sit? That would be ideal. Even if she doesn’t get to involved with them, at least she can look in on them often.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

shelbyviper

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
She just lives a bit down the road. She's extremely busy with other obligations. I'm surprised she could help me out with this. She also helps take care of her mother inlaw. She is 92 still living in her own home. I've been asking others but so far no luck. I don't leave till the 20th. Still have some time to find more help.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Have any of the cats or kittens been neutered? They are old enough now.

If someone comes once a day and feeds them wet food and cleans litter boxes and puts down fresh water they should get by. You should buy a continuous feeder for dry food and one for water.

I say “get by” because 1) kittens that age really need wet food more than once a day and 2) kittens are very active and can get themselves in trouble and make messes. Trouble meaning get stuck in tight spots that you can’t imagine and have trouble getting out.

Could you pay a cat sitter to come twice a day for an hour and spend time with them?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

shelbyviper

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I have continuous feeders.

I am still looking for someone to help with them. Money isn't something I have to spare. I saved 2 years for this vacation and still couldn't afford plane tickets. We are driving from Michigan to Florida.

They are not fixed yet. The vet said to bring them after we get back from vacation.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
Are you planning on keeping these kittens? They are old enough to be placed in homes, so you could contact a shelter or place an ad. If mama cat is spayed you could return to another pregnant cat, so I would try to get this done before you leave as well.