2 Week Old Runt Kitten.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
Once the kitten is three weeks old you can try putting a little mushy kitten food in your finger and holding it up to the kittens mouth. Some will try it this early and it definitely helps get the calories in them.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Hannah121

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Good shout I will try everything in my power. I going to take him to the vets as soon as the Christmas period is over. See if they got something up their sleeve because I am not giving up and neither is he!

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
You can use a full fat pasteurized goats milk. Canned or from powder or... most brands are good. But unpasteurized is prob even better. It has some potential advantages as it too comes from an alive momma...

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
How much? The rule of thumb is 8 ml / 30 grammes, if hebis 120 grammes he shall have 32+ ml a day. 3ml each time if you give every second hour. If he wants more give more!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Hannah121

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
How much and how often are you feeding? Are you feeding throughout the night? He must gain weight.

Which formula exactly are you feeding?
I feed him every 2 hours even through out the night! Sometimes he suckles amazingly sometimes he refuses and I use a syringe to get it in to him. He weighs 120g now. The milk I’m using is this one. I am going to try goats milk. And he is going to the vets on the 27th.

Attachments

catsknowme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I am a big fan of goat's milk. It has been beneficial even with my older, sickly cats including my FIV+ feral. There is a great kitten formula recipe at www.kitten-rescue.com. My best tip for that formula is to rinse the egg yolk in slow running cold water to get ALL the raw egg white off. I don't use the grapeseed oil extract either.

Ninipow13

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Awww such a sweet story! Glad he’s doing better!!