2 week old orphan kitten weight

MaceYoda

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I rescued an orphan neonatal kitten born on 1/16/20. On day 1 he weighed 153 grams. We are now 2 weeks and 3 days old and he is 386 grams. He seems to be outside of the weight ranges Ive seen for kittens this age. He loves his bottle and appears very healthy. Is it normal for a 2 week old to be this hefty? He was dewormed a few days ago, no sign of worms. No illness or infections. Just a chunky kitty. Any thoughts?

Attachments

Dario the GreyCat

Owned by Dario since 10/09/2019
Adult Cat
Purraise
Dario made that big a jump in weight too around that age. It’s funny, he was 153g (post feeding) when I first found him. Your numbers are very similar to Dario’s.
Your little baby kitty is adorable!! What’s his name?

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
You did apparently a very good job out of it! What kmr did you use? And please give more details if you want. We wont argue with a success story!

Orphans are usually easier to handraise than sickly weak kittens. If he got by any reason "just" orphan whatever, then he should be healthy, and thus - there are good chances for a healthy development. :)

We usually talk about 10+ grammes raise a day, as an easy to remember rule of thumb- But the factum is, many healthy kittens do raise more per day... Up to 30 grammes a day isnt unheard of - even if it sooner an occasional spurt than every day gaining.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

MaceYoda

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thank you for your responses! His name is Bob lol.
I found him through a craigslist ad. He was apparently abandoned by his mother and still covered in afterbirth. He has been getting around the clock attention ever since. Have not had any health issues, no eye infections, etc. He just eat, sleeps, and repeats :) I dewormed him 2 days ago and plan to take him to the vet around 4 weeks. Since he has been doing well I did not think going to the vet was an urgent issue.
He has found his forever home with me!!! Not letting him go :)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

MaceYoda

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
What kmr did you use?

PetAg powder - he loves it freshly made.
I used some premade PetAg canned KMR one time and he seemed to not like it. It looks darker and thicker (sort of like condensed milk) than the canned powder + water (white and fresh smelling).

Attachments