2 week old kitten losing weight

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

applejacksalex

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Please everyone pray for my baby's [emoji]10084[/emoji] no little babies deserve this. Even if he passes, pray he's not suffering now while still here with us. Pray he's not in pain and dreaming sweet dreams while he's sleeping.

Primula

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Also, be very careful not to let the male cats anywhere near momma & her kittens. They can seriously hurt kittens if they have a mind to.

applejacksalex

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Yeah mama and her babies are completely away from other animals at the moment. Papa kitty is in another room

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Why have you not been to the vet about the baby who is still hanging on?

Last edited:

applejacksalex

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I didnt see your post an i h no way to get to the vet...

The vet in my town is horrible and I refuse to take my animals there, the next closest vet is about 40 mins away. I literally have no way to get there, I'm 22 with no car and no money...

applejacksalex

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
The last litter I took to the vet like this , they didn't do anything for them at all, and that was the vet in my town..

applejacksalex

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Now I feel like shit cause I can't get him to the vet.....

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
I in no way meant for you to feel badly. It's just that last night you said vets were closed, so I thought perhaps today you could see a vet. If you can't, you can't.

Last edited:

applejacksalex

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
But you saying it like that makes me feel so bad "you accept the consequences" just bc I dont take him to a vet doesnt necessarily mean he's gonna die, and if I take him to a vet doesn't mean he's gonna live. Trust me I would love to have taken him to a vet, I never wanted to feel like it was my fault that any of my foster kittens have died. But ibdobt have my own car, I have epilepsy so I can't drive and I dont have a job, so it was basically me gonna ask my mom to do it but she has no money either, me my mom and my boyfriend all live in a 2 bedroom trailer with multiple cats. I wanna feel like I did everything I could for him, but now I never will bc I didn't take him to the vet. I let him down, I failed him. My poor baby kitty...

applejacksalex

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Dont be sorry, its true, I didn't take him to the vet. I had hopes he would be okay cause before all this he was doing GREAT they were all growing well and gaining plenty of weight and then all of the sudden the little guy got bad, I figures if in just kept feeding him maybe he'd get better...and ive had nothing but bad luck with vets so I was sceptical even if I could get a ride..I'm sorry I didnt mean to be like that I just feel so bad for the little baby and Idk if a vet visit would've even helped..but at the same time, it could have...Idk..just please pray for my baby, even if he passes send a prayer with him to kitty heaven, he will be with all his half brothers and sisters playing with balls of yarn and kitty toys....
And I pray he's not suffering...

applejacksalex

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Dont take it wrong, me not taking him to the vet doesn't mean I didbt love him with all my heart...I still tried to save him, I'm still trying to save him..

applejacksalex

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
But do you mean it or are you trying to make me feel better? Idk what else to say..I keep saying I tried my best but now that vet thing is always gonna be in the back of my mind..I love that baby kitty, I would never wish this on him and I just hope he's not suffering and I really do hope I did all I could...

applejacksalex

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I'm sorry I'm just really worked up and sad to panicky and depressed and its making me physically sick.

Primula

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Make this experience a positive thing. Make sure no cat of yours ever gets pregnant again. That's the very best thing you can do for a female cat.

The little kitty has gone to kitty heaven & is suffering no longer. Let's focus on the cats & kittens who need your help now.

Can I ask you: if you have multiple cats, as you say, how on earth are you going to be able to get any of them fixed due to your current circumstances? Have you any idea what they charge where you live for a spay or neuter?

applejacksalex

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Hes still alive so I keep trying to fees him as many drops of KMR as I can, and trying to keep him warm with a heating pad near him (no not directly on him)
And as for fixing our cats, half of them are fixed, we just need to get big papa fixed and mama too

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
So happy he's hanging in there! Praying for you and baby! [emoji]128591[/emoji]