2 Of My Babies Are Missing Please Help Me

locacatlady

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
A week ago my cat got out, she got outside a few days before that but we found her on the roof but now shes been missing for a week. I got her recently,and she seemed scared of my other cats so im afraid she wont come back. Shes spayed and microchipped. My other cats got out together and the same night one came back but my other cat is missing, shes a very timid and has never been outdoors, shes spayed and not microchipped. I miss her very much i saw her being born. I doubt she would be wondering but i bet my other cat is wondering. I miss them so much and need to get them home before halloween because one of them is black. Weve handed out flyers, talked to neighbors, and have been looking day and night. PLEASE HELP!

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I am so very sorry that you've lost your cats! This article Help! My Cat Is Lost! may give you some ideas that you haven't thought of yet. In addition, I would add to look for them at dusk with a flashlight, as that makes it easier to spot a hiding cat by their eyeshine. Also, cats are travelers. Don't confine your search to the immediate neighborhood. Spread out as much as half a mile from your home. Check with you local television and radio stations. Often they will have a "Lost and Found" segment, usually (for some reason) a part of their noon news program. Call and MAKE SURE that your local shelter routinely scans, and make them aware that your cats are missing. Call local vets in case they were injured and brought in.

Above all, do NOT give up hope yet! We have members whose cats were missing for MONTHS, but eventually got back home again.

You are NOT alone here!

swimmer

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My black indoor cat of 9 years got out somehow earlier this month. I also was panicking becuase of the thought of halloween. She has never even shown an interest to venture or go outside. The only thing I can think of is that it was a nice day and she was hanging out in the sun by the door and our weekly housecleaner shooed her out or something.

It was about a week, but some neighbors only about a block away (that we don't know) called # on the flier and sure enough it was her. Supposedly she just showed up on their porch looking for help. Funny - I'm not kidding- she was found at the house exactly on the corner of the telephone poll that I hung a flier and about 15 feet away from where she was found.

I read somewhere that indoor cats don't go that far. they will venture along a border/line - house edge, fence, etc and get scared and hide. I would focus on following those late at night or VERY early in the morning when its quiet. I would also use social media. My town has a lost pet facebook page. Nextdoor.com is another site to post. If she is microchipped, you can report her lost to your service (at least ours - Home again - has this) and they will send out alerts to vets, etc.

Good luck!

catsknowme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
:alright: It is so awful not knowing where they are. My dad's outdoor cat had started going MIA and one day recently, she came home professionally groomed! Later, some neighbors saw her in the yard and recognized her as the cat that they were trying to persuade to live with them!
Does your area have a Lost&Found Pets FB page? We have a NextDoor.com, too, but the FB page is more dynamic for some reason
Prayers and vibes for both kitties' safe return! :vibes::vibes::vibes:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

locacatlady

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Update 2 of the three cats are safely back home but my third black cat who was recently adopted is still not home shes been gone for 11 days i saw her 3 nights ago she came to my door and when i went to open it she ran of a night later she tried to come home but my other cat scared her of now theres no sighn of her, im very scared halloweens coming up and i dont want her to be outside for that. Ive tried putting stuff that smells like me outside she doesnt have much stuff with her scent on it since i literally only had her for a week. Im so stressed i havent been able to do school work and ive been physically sick because of this please help with any new tips we will try anything to get her home at this point any prayers and tips will be greatly appreciated.
Things we tried-
staying out all night waiting for her
getting up at 6am to look for her
handing out flyers to everyone in my neighborhood
putting strong smelling food out
going door to door to talk to neighbors
putting her blanket that smelled like her outside
shaking cat food
talking in normal voice outside

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
Keep leaving food out for her every night so she doesn't wander any further away. If she is too nervous to come close to you the best way to get her would be a humane trap. You can borrow these from some shelters and TNR groups of buy one at Tractor Supply.

They're simple to use, you can see lots of videos of people using them on YouTube. Put the trap in the same place you leave the food every night. It sounds as if she knows where her home is and wants to come back. That's a good sign.

catsknowme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
:hellocomputer: Thank you for the update! I agree with the trapping. Since she is skittish, I would try feeding in the trap without it being set for a few days (I prop the trapdoor open with a strong stick or piece of narrow pipe). Some very encouraging news from you - her home territory is at your place AND she is skittish so she won't be easily lured by unsavory people.
Continuing my prayers and vibes :vibes::vibes::vibes::vibes:

locacatlady

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thankyou so very much to everyone for all of your sweet words and tips ill update you all when i have any more info <3

locacatlady

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Update...... FREDDIES HOME !!!!!! thankyou so much to anyone who gave advice, prayers, or support. Were so thankful to have our kitty family complete <3

locacatlady

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
actually while we were trapping stray cats to spay them the lady that we were helping let us put a trap out for freddie and we caught her that way, i think it was meant to be that she got out so we could get the strays spayed. We spayed and neutered 19 cats and rescued 2 kittens who we are nursing back to health:)