2 New Cats added to my already large family?

slave2_ragdolls

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I already have 5 adult indoor only cats in my household. I just had a new border move in with me today along with his 2 adult cats. I have a 35x22x25 inch cage. I transferred the 2 new cats into the cage and everything is going tooo good to be true. No hissing, growling, or swatting yet. NOT even a single "MEOW" from any of the cats
All 7 cat's are fixed and healthy. The 2 new cats are quiet and are indicating no signs of being unhappy at all. My cats "5" cats appear to care less that the new kitties are even here in my house. I have the cage in the center of my house so they can all exchange "smells" and adjust accordingly. I have a full basement and cat's are famous for finding a hiding place if I open the cage too early. If everything continues at this same pace........When should I open the cage and free them to all be together?

rafm

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I'd take cues from the kitties on when to open the cage. I'd probably give it a day or two just to make sure everyone notices the new kitties but if everyone continues to act like they are now, I'd probably do it sooner rather than later 

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

slave2_ragdolls

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I'd take cues from the kitties on when to open the cage. I'd probably give it a day or two just to make sure everyone notices the new kitties but if everyone continues to act like they are now, I'd probably do it sooner rather than later 
I am looking for "all opinions" here....... Thank You for yours RAFM

Last edited:

slave2_ragdolls

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Thank you for your opinion.......I am looking for more than 1 opinion here

yayi

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I really can't give an opinion since my cats are indoor/outdoor. But in my experience, if everybody seems comfortable with each other, I'd supervise the first 30 minutes to 1 hour when they first get together (no cage, door or fences). I've never had a problem during these first encounters.  

p3 and the king

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I would let them roam freely together now if they don't seem to be showing aggression.  You can always but the cage back up and start over or keep them separated and have your border keep his 2 with him.  It's up to you, though.  Usually after a day or two, mine are accepting of new friends.  But they've been used to it since they were kittens.  Sounds like yours are too since they are not showing aggression?

slave2_ragdolls

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I would let them roam freely together now if they don't seem to be showing aggression.  You can always but the cage back up and start over or keep them separated and have your border keep his 2 with him.  It's up to you, though.  Usually after a day or two, mine are accepting of new friends.  But they've been used to it since they were kittens.  Sounds like yours are too since they are not showing aggression?

I figured my 18 pound (solid muscle) Ragdoll named "Big Brutus" would be licking his chops for a quick "lunch time snack" out of these cat's. He has been very mellow so far
............ Maybe he would want some "A1" sauce on his kitty burger when I let them out together ?? ........ 

meuzettesmom

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I never had a problem bring in new cats, but then I hear that isn't normal. Guess we're not normal. I let the cats out when everyone had a chance to sniff and say hi through the cage walls. Then open the door and duck. Let them handle their own society.