2 Month Year Old

Maddie M.

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
So today, my cats been off. Shes been laying under the couch sleeping for 5 hours, then when i get her out shes got some sort of belly that she didnt have before. Is this normal for a 2/3 month year old? Could she be pregnant? I checked and didnt see any nips growing, so i guess thats a check off. The reason im asking is because i have a male 5 year old cat and hes not spayed, and the first female of the kittens, Luna, isnt spayed either. They keep going to my room and i keep chasing them after a while. Is this normal?

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
So this cat is how old? Only a few months?

If you have female cats living with an unneutered male, he will mate with them and they will get pregnant. Soon you will be overrun with kittens.

You need to spay the females and get the male cat neutered.

How many cats do you have?

Do you need help locating a low-cost spay and neuter clinic in your area?

Why You Should Spay And Neuter Your Cats

abyeb

Charlie's Purrson
Veteran
Purraise
At 2-3 months, she is still too young to be pregnant. You should get her spayed soon, though, because cats can go into heat already at four months of age. You should also make an appointment to get your male cat neutered. It will help his behavior and long-term health.

Regarding her hiding, I think it would be best if you can take her to the vet for a checkup. Cats are very good at hiding pain, so that’s why their people have to be very watchful for behavioral changes, as those can be a sign of underlying health issues.

If her stomach feels swollen and hard, it’s possible that she has worms, which is common in kittens. When you bring her to the vet, bring a fresh stool sample so that the vet can run a fecal flotation test to check for intestinal parasites.

Why You Should Spay And Neuter Your Cats

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Maddie M.

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
s. I'll get her a checkup soon, for the male, i think hes spayed, but i dont know.

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Males are neutered, not spayed. Please find out whether he is neutered or not.

How many female cats do you have?

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Take him too to the vet for a check up and control if he is neutered. If he is not, you leave him there for neutering.

Usually its visible on the sacks, but some neuters have still decently sizeable sacks, esp if neutered as adults. And some toms arent very apparent they are toms.

Of course, as Abyeb said, it seems urgent you take the little female for a check up. If she is OK, you arrange spaying as soon its possible.

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Where are you located? It’s very important to act quickly here.

jen

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Is she 2-3 months or 2-3 YEARS old? You keep saying both, that makes no sense. Males are neutered. Females are spayed. 2-3 months is likely too young to be pregnant, it could be worms or a variety of things. When was she last at the vet?

Please get all these animals spayed and/or neutered. It is going to get out of hand really fast and you will have an entire home full of cats and kittens and that will get really expensive with all the vet visits and food and litter costs.