2 Month Old Vomiting And Having Diarrhea... Have Tried Everything

Cattycatty

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello. I adopted my 2 month old kitten, Meatball, on Monday. He has been dewormed already, so I know this isn’t a parasite issue. His previous owner showed me his vet papers and he has been to the vet very recently, so I don’t know what is causing this other than food issues. Since Tuesday, he has been having diarrhea and vomiting. I reckoned it was the new food that I bought, so I tried mixing canned pumpkin with the food that he used to eat when he was with his previous owner, but he still vomited it out and had diarrhea. I also made homemade pedialyte, which is supposed to help with upset stomach. What else can I do to stop him from barfing and having diarrhea? I’m honestly at my wit’s end.

mrsgreenjeens

Every Life Should Have Nine Cats
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
As far as I know, homemade pedialite doesn't actually help STOP vomiting, it just help keep them hydrated because they tend to become dehydrated with diarrhea and vomiting.

Why was he at the Vet recently? Was it just for the deworming? Deworming just mean he was "dewormed" for possibly the first go-round, doesn't mean he's free of worms, nor does it mean he's free of other parasites. Did they do a fecal float during that Vet visit?

This could all be from stress of being away from his cat mom and siblings, but since it's been several days, I'm thinking probably not. And it could be life threatening, IMHO, at this point because he's probably not keeping enough food in him to get nourishment. I would take him in to be seen, and hopefully your Vet can at least give him an anti-nausea pill.

:vibes::vibes::vibes:

betsygee

Just what part of meow don't you understand.
Staff Member
Purraise
It could be stress. When we brought our kittens home from the SPCA, one was so nervous he had terrible diarrhea. (His name is Rico and we called him Stinky Reeky back then.) :lol:

But I didn't know much about cat care back then. If it were today, I'd take him back to the vet as mrsgreenjeens mrsgreenjeens suggested. Good luck with the new kitty!