2 cats used to be best friends now enemies

millardmarie

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
hello everyone, first off ill say im new and this is my first thread. i have 2 cats widget and penelope (penny for short). they are both indoor outdoor cats. they are both domestic cats. widget is 2 1/2 and penny is 1 1/2. these two have always been the best of friends. sleep together eat together so on. however they both fell pregnant (which i know i kept putting the spaying off for both and now this is the consequence....will be done once the kittens are all over the age of 6 weeks). this past tuesday widget gave birth to 2 gorgeous littuns. they are both healthy and strong. penny is due any time now, however since yesterday she has taken a sudden hatred of widget. my question is, is this normal? is this because she will drop any time? ive also noticed penny look at the cupboard widget chose and whenever she hears the wee little things she hisses. hopefully someone can help me. thank you

missymotus

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What a shame both your girls are having kittens.

Very normal for entire, hormonal girls to not get along or have little spats. You may need to keep them apart

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

millardmarie

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
thats what i was thinking im just surprised as penny has always been a lover

catmom5

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Agree that keeping them in separate areas, rooms, cages until the kittens are older (even adopted out) would be the wisest thing. Their hormones are raging and their sole focus now is protecting those kittens.

I don't think you will be able to have them be best buddies for a while yet. Please do have they spayed as soon as the kittens are weaned.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

millardmarie

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
yes im planning on spaying them both, i have them keeping them seperate for a while. thank you for ur advice :)