1yr old cat had bad reaction from shots a week ago

Pinkkitties

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello all, I'm new to this site. My 1 year old cat got her shots last week on Wednesday today it is Sunday. She had a bad reaction to the shots I took her back in on Thursday and they gave her a shot for nausea and pain. This morning she has a hoarse meow and was throwing up she did have a hairball in the vomit. Before she got the shots she was the most loveable cat she loved to cuddle and was very talkative to us. She would meow for me to come cuddle with her when I would be upstairs and she would be downstairs and just meow for me to come cuddle with her. Now she doesn't meow much. And like I said today she just has a hoarse meow. Could it be from the shots?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Pinkkitties

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Ok ya I plan on it today they aren't open

Pinkkitties

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
She also smacking and licking her lips

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Lip smacking is a sign of nausea. When you bring your cat back to the vet, ask for full blood work to be done. Blood work may show if there is any value that is off that would indicate a health issue. Is your cat able to eat and use the litter box ok?

Pinkkitties

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Lip smacking is a sign of nausea. When you bring your cat back to the vet, ask for full blood work to be done. Blood work may show if there is any value that is off that would indicate a health issue. Is your cat able to eat and use the litter box ok?
Yes she does those just fine. She threw up white foamy earlier she threw up a hairball she is a beautiful long haired kitty I did talk to our vet se said she will see her in the morning! And she thinks its a food allergy I did introduce a new food and she said to take away all the food and try giving her some low sodium chicken broth. She didn't like it at all. Just wanted she ice cold water. Her eyes are also very watery? Not sure why. My other black cat he is like 6yrs old and he hasnwatery eyes but we know he has allergies. She is new to us. She is my emotional support kitty but now she is nothing like she was before she got shots. Ever since she got shots she seems to be just in pain and sick. She got them done on January 13th and today is the 17th I never had this problem with my other cats. I'm so sad she isn't my happy loveable kitty anymore.

Pinkkitties

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I took Kiki in the vet this morning did blood work and all came back fine. Vet said to go back to her other food that she was on before I switched. And she gave me some nausea meds for her to give to her for 4 days. If she continues to throw up afterwards then need to take her back. Right now she's sleeping in her favorite pink bed ( I got her a doll baby bed) I made her a blanket while I was waiting for her today she is doing a lot better now! The reason I switched foods is because one of my make cats gets bored of his so im keeping she's separated from the boys food. She has her own bowl for food and water she cups her paw to drink water its so adorable! Thank you all!