1yo Cat / 8 wo Kitten

charlieandsonny

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
HELP!!! New to the site, so bear with me please, lol. My family has a very handsome, year old cat named Charlie. I recently took home a very happy and energetic 8 week old boy kitten who I named Sonny. Originally planning for him to stay at my boyfriend's house (until we move in together and such, which will be very soon). He no longer is able to house him at his family's home, so I took him to my house. The very first night, the two cats pawed at each other all night under my door, (Charlie in the living room and Sonny in my room). The next morning Charlie snuck into my room, and the two hit it off right away (I think), playing with toys, running around the house together, laying near each other, light wrestling... Now, it's been a week and the wrestling has seemed to get more rough. Charlie will pin Sonny down until he starts meowing and biting and swatting at him to get away and then Charlie will run full force after him to capture him again. Sonny will attempt to return the rough play but is too

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

charlieandsonny

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
- (first part, continued)

...too small to really get Charlie, so he really just jumps on him
and swats him and nibbles his tail. Charlie will run from Sonny
when he seems to have had enough "kitten play", and that's when I'll
seperate them until they relax a little bit. I guess I just want to know if
as long as nobody is hissing or missing fur/body parts, are these two kitties
going to be able to remain in the same household for the time being... I want them
both to be happy and in a stress-free environment. PLEASE HELP!!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

charlieandsonny

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thank you TrickyTree! I'm not sensing any fear, nor am I seeing any behavior that
makes me think one is actually scared of the other. :)