1st Time Being "mom" to a "bottle baby" NEED HELP!

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

mrsleberte

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise

I'd have a hard time parting with them, too, especially the little one.  The big girl is really beautiful which will help her find a good home, if you decide to go that route.  Do they have names yet?  
Yes! My problem, exactly! lol Thank you :)  I think she's beautiful, too! She's got those big, gorgeous eyes, cute button nose, and the longest, silkiest, softest/fluffiest hair I've EVER felt on a kitten! We named them before we knew the genders, so their names are a little odd.... the big girl's name is Quazzi (after the character from Octonauts/toddler tv show) and the little baby girl's name is "Newty".... though I usually call her "Newty Newt". We thought she was a boy at the time we chose the name, and we actually started out naming her "Newton" after pro football player Cam Newton. When I realized one day that she was in fact a GIRL, the name had already stuck, and she'd already learned to recognize it, so I just kept what I'd been calling her all that time already. 

mrsleberte

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
It really depends how much the little one weighs. At 7 weeks she should weigh almost 2LBS.

Personally, I would never be able to give her away. She is so stinkin' cute.
Yeah... the bigger one is right around 2lbs, maybe even a little more. I'm thinking that Newty, the little lady, since gaining a bit recently, is maybe AROUND 1 lb. And, I'm definitely not going to be able to give her up! :/ Even though, more living beings in my home is really the LAST thing I need right now.... but she's SO worth it! ;) 

mrsleberte

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise

You will be blessed for taking such good care and loving those two sweet little girls, they have a way of worming their way into our hearts! I'm not really surprised at the size difference, we have a little female from across the road who was hand reared by the neighbors, she is very tiny, 5-6 pounds and has had two litters before I had her spayed. I just hated to see those big tom cats following her around and she got huge when pregnant with three kittens. Your other little girl who is nursing got ALL of the nutrients (and the calories) from mom, she didn't have to fight fro food at all, so naturally she would be bigger. I have noticed over the years that smaller litters tend to be larger cats, with the exception of the strongest, who once again would get more food and thus be bigger. I think what you have is normal, your little girl may be small all her life, she'll take longer to grow up, but she knows love and has a wonderful caregiver to help her, so she is happy and content! All the luck, and thank you so much for the update, they are just precious!  
Well, thank you SO MUCH for the kind words, and all the support and encouragement!  It really helped put me a little more at ease. :) She's definitely my sweet lil' mini kitty ;) She's officially got my heart, FOR LIFE! :) <3

Primula

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yeah... the bigger one is right around 2lbs, maybe even a little more. I'm thinking that Newty, the little lady, since gaining a bit recently, is maybe AROUND 1 lb. And, I'm definitely not going to be able to give her up! :/ Even though, more living beings in my home is really the LAST thing I need right now.... but she's SO worth it! ;) 
The good thing is that Newty won't take up much space!