18 Year Old Male Part Maine Coon Has Lost A Lot Of Weight

aradasky

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
What a hard story to read, much less live through.

shoot, off to get tissues.

As you said, your son was there to meet them and now they will keep each other company until you all meet again.

The pain does not go away, but we learn to live around it. When it is time, another door may open for new fur-babies who need love to come into you and your wife's lives.

Bless you for giving Lilbit and Socks so much love.

Purr-fect

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My Mum used to say........."the bigger the party the worse the hangover"..............she meant, the more you love someone (including a pet), the more it hurts when they are gone.

Sorry for your loss.

There will be better days ahead.

One day at a time.

Also, look after yourself and your family, this loss can be more traumatic than we realize.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

big al

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thanks to all. We held each other in bed and cried together. Things are better today. We kept ourselves busy.

EggSandwich

Cinnamon's roll
Adult Cat
Purraise
Thanks to all. We held each other in bed and cried together. Things are better today. We kept ourselves busy.
Keep doing just that. Things will get better, you'll get used to it. I promise.
Just think: you didn't let him suffer, and he is up there playing with his sister and your son right now. He is not held back by any health issue, he is not held back by his age up there. He is truly in a better place now.
That probably doesn't help much, and I'm sorry. But thank you for not letting him suffer.

BestBabyC

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I am so sorry Socks passed. There is so much cancer in cats now because of things like the chemicals they sprayed in your lawn or the horrible things in ALL the cat food, human food too. It is an abomination what is going on.

My boy was recently diagnosed with large cell gastric lymphoma and started chemo, don't think I can keep up with the cost here in NYC, already paid thousands and only had 1 treatment.

It is truly criminal what is going on, no regard for any of our lives, all living beings included

You and your wife took such good care of your kitties and they are so beautiful and handsome. I'm glad you have each other to lea on. Frame that great photo you have of your babies and hang it up. I know it is so painful, I lost a cat due to congestive heart failure over a decade ago and sunk into a 2 year depression afterwards. I never wanted a cat again and someone forced one on me a few years after my girl died. Now that boy is very ill. To see them suffer is the worst part, unbearable and we are their voice. You did what you knew was right for Socks.

I am very sorry, please take care of each other and think of all the happy times with Lilbit and Socks.

big al

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thanks for the kind words about Socks and Lilbit. It is a sadness that is hard to explain but I know the people on this site have probably felt it. I felt so sorry for Socks losing his sister. He changed so much and I know he couldn't understand why she wasn't coming home. It broke our hearts. This picture is how he spent most of the days. Either there on the bed looking out the window or on the back of the living room couch looking out the window. When we came home from being gone he would come running and looked so sad when she wasn't with us. But, now I know they are together again.
Thanks again for the kind words. Al

big al

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Just wanting to say I'm so sorry Socks had to join Lilbit at the rainbow bridge. At least they're together and no longer suffering. :alright::grouphug:
Thank you and we accept the group hug and pat on the head. It weird how at one time cleaning cat hair off of the couch can be a chore to becoming a pleasure/honor. Now it's the little things we miss and wish we had to do again. :grouphug: