17 week old cat on counters

sherrymyra

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Isabel is always trying to jump up on my counter.  So far she seems to only do this while I am at the counter doing something.  I push her back and say get down but that lasts about 2 seconds.   Will this eventually make her stop do you think?   

Everyone I mention this to says to spray them with a spray bottle.  I thought I read somewhere to not do this.  So just wondering on your thoughts to the spray bottle.   

pamela derouen

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I tell mine to get down & they do... They are older now so they get onto the counter whenever I am not in the kitchen.

She/ He  may be thirsty.. ???

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

sherrymyra

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Not thirsty.  She just wants to be up by me.  I'm thinking eventually she will stop trying.  I guess if she does when I'm not looking no one shall be the wiser.  I just don't want to be preparing food or eating and she comes up.  

pamela derouen

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise

Not thirsty.  She just wants to be up by me.  I'm thinking eventually she will stop trying.  I guess if she does when I'm not looking no one shall be the wiser.  I just don't want to be preparing food or eating and she comes up.  
"Oh I would not like that either. But she will learn.You have to be persistent with her. LOL"