16 yo cat with advanced kidney disease/ Administration of Kidney Support Gold

Mamschili

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi,my name is Silvia, I have a 16 year old cat who has advanced kidney disease.I ordered ,after reading a lot of positive reviews ,kidney support gold drops from pet wellness, but now I can not get him to take them,can anybody give me some advice, I don’t know what to do anymore.
thank you

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Mamschili

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I was only told that it is advanced kidney disease,thank you for your reply

fionasmom

Staff Member
Purraise
The Kidney Gold site recommends mixing small amounts of the drops in a favorite food, presumably wet. Another suggestion would be to get a product like Hartz Delectables which is very liquid and very appealing to cats and mixing it in that. There are a huge number of treat type products like the Hartz in stores like Petsmart and you might find one that would suit your cat.

Mighty Orange

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I made it treat time for the twice a day treatment. Also make sure you squirt it into the side of the mouth, not through the front. The other way that might work and be safer is adding it to some lickable treat your cat may like delectable bisque senior 10 years older cat food. On Amazon use 1/2 a pack at a time. You also need to look into more info Foods Kidney disease . Good luck.

Another informative page Feline Nutrition

Last edited:

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Nothing to add to the information, just wanted to welcome you to TCS, as your introductory thread was shifted here, where more knowledgeable people will see it!

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I don't know how much you want to learn about kidney disease and all the possible things you can do to help your cat, but if you do, take a look at this web site (see link below). It is very detailed and comprehensive, and some when they first start out reading it feel a bit overwhelmed. But, once they get going and recognize all the things they can learn, they like the site and often refer to it. I know I do!! You won't regret it.
Tanya's Comprehensive Guide to Feline Chronic Kidney Disease - Everything You Need to Know to Help Your Cat (felinecrf.org)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Mamschili

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I don't know how much you want to learn about kidney disease and all the possible things you can do to help your cat, but if you do, take a look at this web site (see link below). It is very detailed and comprehensive, and some when they first start out reading it feel a bit overwhelmed. But, once they get going and recognize all the things they can learn, they like the site and often refer to it. I know I do!! You won't regret it.
Tanya's Comprehensive Guide to Feline Chronic Kidney Disease - Everything You Need to Know to Help Your Cat (felinecrf.org)
Thank you 🙏