16 month old kitten had FUO two days ago, I am so scared she will got a FIP

biancavd

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
I will pray for your kitten, though the longer this lasts, the worse my feeling gets :( I hope she will surprise us all and magically cure and never be sick again ^^

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

tsui jinglei

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
She is !! She is better today!! She eat a lot of dry freeze meat today, and hang out for a long time!! I have a feeling she is going to be Okay!!!

tsui jinglei

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
After 1 month, finally I am able to come back and let you guys know she is doing great!!!!!!!!

Thank you all!!!! 

Here is something I want to talk about after this disaster!!

Food is really important to your cat. My cat was eating Hills Z/D which claimed itself as a prescription food. She was not allergy to this food of course, since it is made for cat who has food allergy. However, she has many other problems far more serious than food allergy!! Fever with unknown origin and many more. 

I changed her food into PRIMAL turkey. I have to buy it from amazon because my local petco and petsmart do not have it. My cat healed from whatever she had!! And I can feel her fur become very soft only one week after she started to eat primal turkey!!

Now my cat has primal turkey and ziwipeak can and dry. All my cats are happy and purring perfect.

I hope my thread will give you guys example!!! Feed your cat real food!!!

I am reading a book called What cats should eat. You could get the book from amazon.com  As a native Chinese speaker, I spend a lot of hard time to read this book. I checked every biology-term with dictionary and read

through every pages!! It is a really good book! I consider this book as a must-read book for every cat person!!!

Again! thank you all for your help especially catwomen707!! I hope you will have a really good time with your kittens and cats!! I wish all your cats will have very long life!!

tsui jinglei

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise

This is YAO YAO's sister Tsuike. She gave yao yao a lot of support during her illness. 

cheers!

I have another cat, his name is beyta. But he grabbed yao yao's food when she was ill, he acted unfriendly when yao yao came home from hospital. So I decided not to post his cute pics. lol

catwoman707

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Oh this is so wonderful!!!  
 Woohoo!  

I have not forgot to think about her and you and everything you have done to make her well again, I couldn't feel anymore excited!!  

misty8723

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm so happy to see this!!!! I was just thinking about you the other day, and your kitten. (Who, by the way, is adorable.  And so is her sister).

I unfortunately lost my little Darcy last month, but I'm just so very  happy that your Yao Yao is doing so good!! 

tsui jinglei

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise

I'm so happy to see this!!!! I was just thinking about you the other day, and your kitten. (Who, by the way, is adorable.  And so is her sister).

I unfortunately lost my little Darcy last month, but I'm just so very  happy that your Yao Yao is doing so good!! 

I am so sorry about your lost.

FIP is a terrible illness.I will donate money for FIP foundation when I pay back the bills for Yao Yao.

What are you going to do next? Are you going to have a new kitten?

misty8723

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

I am so sorry about your lost.

FIP is a terrible illness.I will donate money for FIP foundation when I pay back the bills for Yao Yao.

What are you going to do next? Are you going to have a new kitten?
Thank you.  I will donate too when I get the bills paid off.

We are adopting a new cat, she is maybe 9 months to a year old.  She is a shy, scared Tortie cat that someone dumped out in the country and was found by a nice foster lady.  She will be spayed Monday, and we will bring her home probably Saturday. I will never forget my little Darcy and I still cry for her, but hopefully we can have a good home for Cricket and she will be a friend to Swanie and to us.

tsui jinglei

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise

Thank you.  I will donate too when I get the bills paid off.

We are adopting a new cat, she is maybe 9 months to a year old.  She is a shy, scared Tortie cat that someone dumped out in the country and was found by a nice foster lady.  She will be spayed Monday, and we will bring her home probably Saturday. I will never forget my little Darcy and I still cry for her, but hopefully we can have a good home for Cricket and she will be a friend to Swanie and to us.
My YAOYAO is a Tortie cat and she is really nice!! I hope you will have a good time with your new family member!!! 

misty8723

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

My YAOYAO is a Tortie cat and she is really nice!! I hope you will have a good time with your new family member!!! 
I know! I saw the picture!  She is really cute!  And my other cat is a tuxie like your Tsuike.  He is a boy though

tsui jinglei

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise

I know! I saw the picture!  She is really cute!  And my other cat is a tuxie like your Tsuike.  He is a boy though
I don't even know American call kitty like Tsuike tuxie lol, it that coming from tuxedo?

jiskefet

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
A black and white cat is called a tux or tuxedo because he looks like he is wearing a tuxedo with a white vest.

My Mowgli is a tuxedo, and so was my Ricky.

I am very pleased your cat is doing well now. It means it probably isn't FIP, as this only gets worse, they don't really pick up and get worse again.

The fluid found with FIP is very viscous, which meand that if you stick something in it and pull, it forms threads. If you stick something in and it does not form threads when you pull, it is NOT an indication of FIP. If your cat is corona-positive, it can always mutate into the FIP virus, but the chance of this happening is only 1%. And your cat has been ill, recently, which would be the ultimate chance for the virus to mutate and take hold. It didn't, and the older a cat gets, the smaller the chance that it will ever mutate. Only in really old cats, the chance increases again.

I lost 2 cats to FIP, so I read up about it quite extensively. FIP is not contageous, even though the corona virus is. But most cats carry the corona virus, and only 1% of them develop FIP, and usually when they are weakened by stress or another illness. So the fact that  Yao Yao came through her illness without developing FIP means the chance of her getting it now is almost nil. She is a very lucky cat to be looked after and cared for so well. You did everything in your power to cure her, and here she is, alive and well.

tsui jinglei

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise

A black and white cat is called a tux or tuxedo because he looks like he is wearing a tuxedo with a white vest.

My Mowgli is a tuxedo, and so was my Ricky.

I am very pleased your cat is doing well now. It means it probably isn't FIP, as this only gets worse, they don't really pick up and get worse again.

The fluid found with FIP is very viscous, which meand that if you stick something in it and pull, it forms threads. If you stick something in and it does not form threads when you pull, it is NOT an indication of FIP. If your cat is corona-positive, it can always mutate into the FIP virus, but the chance of this happening is only 1%. And your cat has been ill, recently, which would be the ultimate chance for the virus to mutate and take hold. It didn't, and the older a cat gets, the smaller the chance that it will ever mutate. Only in really old cats, the chance increases again.

I lost 2 cats to FIP, so I read up about it quite extensively. FIP is not contageous, even though the corona virus is. But most cats carry the corona virus, and only 1% of them develop FIP, and usually when they are weakened by stress or another illness. So the fact that  Yao Yao came through her illness without developing FIP means the chance of her getting it now is almost nil. She is a very lucky cat to be looked after and cared for so well. You did everything in your power to cure her, and here she is, alive and well.
I was so sorry for your lost. I have seen several people like you lost 2 to 3 cats to FIP. I don't understand, if FIP is not contagious, how could it happen again and again in a same family?? I know that people nowadays recommend me if I want a new kitten I should connect some corana free breeder. But since I already have cats with corona positive, it seems helpless.

I learnt quite a lot about FIP these days, and I also realize (very late) how important to feed my cats healthy food.

My cats changed quite a lot!! Their fur become softer and they are more playful right now!!!(My house is always noisy lol but I enjoy it)

I hope your cat will have a very long life and FIP could be solved in a very recent future!