15 Y/O Cat with kidney+heart problems

catman12

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I want to know if my cat who's 15 can be put on a raw diet. Assuming proper transition/introduction+ proper ratios. I feel as if it would be the right choice, but the fact that he's eaten kibble/canned food his whole life and his health conditions, I'm hesitant to make things worse, but I do want to help.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

catman12

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Also, he's on a blood thinner and Vetmedin for his heart if that matters.

LTS3

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
There are some specific raw recipes for cats with kidney disease but which one to use depends on your cat's specific kidney issues and needs. Dr. Lisa of Catinfo.org does consultations to create raw diets for cats with kidney disease, Making Cat Food:

Darwin makes a commercial raw food to support cats with kidney issues Intelligent Design KS Kidney Support Formula for Felines | Darwin's Natural Pet Products | Darwin's Pet Food

It would be best to discuss raw diets with your vet and a veterinary nutritionist as there isn't one type of diet that works for all cats with kidney issues. Sticking to canned food may be best for your cat. Have you seen this web site? Tanya's Comprehensive Guide to Feline Chronic Kidney Disease - Everything You Need to Know to Help Your Cat

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

catman12

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Finally a reply! I'm liking the darwins pet food, it's already balanced. I guess I'll make an apt to my vet to run his numbers and ask about that food. Thanks!