12 Week Old Kitten Wool Sucking

TereO

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
The 4 week old kitten my family found in a empty parking lot in late May is now 12 weeks old, and still wool sucking. Twice a day she cuddles into my husband's arm, grabs a piece of his shirt and sucks/claws until she falls asleep. The vet says she is fine and will grow out of the habit but I'm a little concerned with her ingesting detergent/fabric softener from his clothing. Should I be worried or seek a 2nd opinion?
20200723_201405.jpg
20200723_201505.jpg

lilycat.

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hello! Such a cute little kitten! My kitten is 4 months hold and she does the same thing. It is completely normal and it’s caused when the kitten gets separated from their mom too early. The kitten can absolutely ingest some of the fabric, but I don’t really worry too much about it. If you really are concerned, I would explain it with my vet. I don’t think it’s that big of a deal unless you notice that the kitten is visibly sucking up thread or fabric.

susanm9006

Willow
Top Cat
Purraise
I don’t think there is enough detergent to harm but could get her a piece of new wood fabric that you wash in plain water. Or if your husband has an old woolen item that you could wash in water only.

klunick

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I grew up with a cat who would suck on our ear lobes. She never grew out of it but us kids used to get such a kick out of her doing this so we never minded. My male Boone is almost 4 months and will suck on his sister's ear or part of my shirt. It seems to soothe him in some way. I don't think it's a big deal and causes no harm. Your husband should feel honored that your cat considers him to be Mommy. :lol: