11yo Fur baby throwing up and not eating. Vet found nothing much.

stephanietx

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Oh my goodness, but I'm sorry you had to go to the ER vet. I'm glad they found out what was going on, though. Sometimes after fluids, they have a reduced appetite, so just be watching for that. He may have wanted water if his tummy was a little upset. Keep us posted on how he's doing.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

myhrmayd

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
THANK YOU for posting about the reduced appetite after fluids. I had offered some of his favie treats, tuna, wet food, and kibble and he would just sniff, teeny taste, and then act disinterested. I was starting to worry. He has peed, though and that made my night :D Not sleeping or eating for two days thanks to the stress has me finding joy in the weirdest things.

I can now joke that he had the world's most expensive turd LOL I would pay it all again gladly for that relief of knowing he's going to be ok. (still saying that tentatively until he's back to 100%)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

myhrmayd

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Almost screamed for joy this morning!

I've been offering Leo a wide array of his favorites since coming home from the emergency vet yesterday. He showed interest but then seemed to change his mind and would walk away. He ate a single piece of his kibble last night and I was hopeful but this morning, he just kept walking away again.

He was napping on my desk while I work and I had his kibble and a cup of tuna juice sitting there all morning that he kept turning his nose up at. Suddenly he just sat up, went over to the tuna juice, and drank half of it.

Now I just worry he'll start vomiting again, but here's to hoping he's really on the mend!! Baby kitteh steps!