11th Hour Rescue In Alabama Needs Help!

MistyDawn

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Thanks to bills and storm damage, an 11th hour rescue run by a friend of mine can no longer pull animals from death row. Please help. Anything helps really, at all.

Click here to support Help Rose Acres Rescue! organized by Misty Dawn Hunt

If this isn't allowed or is in the wrong place, feel free to delete or remove it. I just really want to see this rescue back on its feet.

betsygee

Just what part of meow don't you understand.
Staff Member
Purraise
MOD NOTE:

Just a reminder to all members that it is your responsibility to check out these solicitors to the best of your ability. Thecatsite.com does not stand behind any solicitation of funds for any reason that appear in the forums unless explicitly authorized.

Please note that this is a generic post added after all pleas for money and is not directed at the individual member.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

MistyDawn

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Don't believe me? Here's their official Facebook. Rose Acres Rescue
Feel free to message them and ask them if a Misty Dawn Hunt is running a fundraiser for them. They'll happily confirm it. Also, a look at their posts will confirm that they're in trouble.

Someone here donated a pretty nice donation. So far, you're the winner of our contest. I'd appreciate it if you contact me so I can thank you personally, and in case no one donates more than you, so you can get your prize. :)

MistyDawn

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
But they do seriously need help, especially since this is mostly a one woman crew taking in hundreds of our furry friends per year.

Thanks to people who care, she's pulling again in small numbers. I donate 100$ a week directly, and I wish I could afford more. If you're skeptical of me, (and skepticism is always good -- I don't blame you for that at all) and you'd like to go more directly, here's their website, which also has ways to donate directly. Rose Acres Rescue No KillShelter

MistyDawn

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
MOD NOTE:

Just a reminder to all members that it is your responsibility to check out these solicitors to the best of your ability. Thecatsite.com does not stand behind any solicitation of funds for any reason that appear in the forums unless explicitly authorized.

Please note that this is a generic post added after all pleas for money and is not directed at the individual member.
This is a great idea. There are some awful people out there who would make this up for financial gain. I've posted links to let people donate directly if they don't want to risk being conned.

catsknowme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I checked out her site as well as the FaceBook page and it seems like this is primarily a dog rescue. There were 2 pages of dogs with pictures and another for puppies but only 1 picture for 4 cats and just a couple of kittens' named without pictures. There are similar sites like TCS that are for dogs and people generally seem to help out more with dogs so perhaps you can post there, too. Since dogs and dog rescues get so much more attention, I personally try to help out cat specific situations....is there any such program in your area?

MistyDawn

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
No, I adopted a cat from her myself, and there were cats everywhere that she was adopting out. She had to quit pulling and all of her cats had been asopted, while she only had dogs left. She's slowly pulling cats again thanks to my efforts and those of others. You can ask her yourself -- she helps dogs and cats equally.

MistyDawn

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
And we still need help. She's getting back on her feet but the faster, the better. Kittens are dying nonstop in her area. I just pulled a litter for transport to Michigan myself. I'm starting my own project to move southern kittens north, and she is helping me in it as soon as we can get her own situation fixed. My efforts are cats only right now because dogs require kennels and things I don't have right now, though I hope to expand to dogs once this is rolling well.

catsknowme

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
:vibes::vibes::vibes: Prayers and vibes that both 11th hour and your new rescue get blessed with funding as well as other help.:rock:
And thank you for reassuring me about the fact that they pull kitties too - I am from an area where dogs reign supreme so am very sensitive to the subject. Do you do FaceBook? I know of several rescues that post regularly (and cross-post, as well), and they get people donating via Amazon & Chewy.com wishlists.