10 Weeks

SaraBeth88

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Is 10 weeks old too young for a kitty to have free range of the house at night or during the day? When I say house, I mean a 1 bedroom 1 bathroom apartment.

Safaria

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Is 10 weeks old too young for a kitty to have free range of the house at night or during the day? When I say house, I mean a 1 bedroom 1 bathroom apartment.
Id say its okay just make sure not to leave anything dangerous or easily broken out haha

kashmir64

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
When mine were that little, I put a sheet (kind of wadded) so they couldn't get under the stove, behind the fridge or any other small spaces. I also had to bungee the cabinets shut. Still have the medicine cabinet and the one under the sink (where all the cleaning stuff is) bungeed shut. I also put those child proof caps on the outlets.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

SaraBeth88

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Also they are really begging to stay in bed with is at night, they can hop up now, but I feel like they are still too small? We toss and turn a lot.

SaraBeth88

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I noticed something dark that looks like a blood blister on my boy's gums, I'm a dental assistant and it reminds me of an eruption cyst... it's causing no pain, he's eating up a storm, playing, etc. He has a vet appointment in 4 days and I think he will be ok if he isn't hurting... anyone have any pictures of their kittens gums around this age or when they were teething? Google isn't helping, just scaring me. It's on his lower right side, a little below and behind his teeth he has now (baby teeth). Is this a normal age?

Safaria

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Also they are really begging to stay in bed with is at night, they can hop up now, but I feel like they are still too small? We toss and turn a lot.
Just dont let him under the covers with you and it should be fine. keep him up top by the pillows or something because you would be more likely to notice if you roll onto him if its with the top half of your body

Safaria

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I have 11 day old kittens that sleep in my bed with me since momma wouldnt take no for an answer when she brought them up here haha I had to split my bed with a body pillow so they have an entire side of the bed to themselves but sometimes they come and cuddle up next to me ontop of the blankets and sometimes even under and they havent had any issues yet so Im sure your ten week old kittens will be just fine :D

Kieka

Snowshoe Servant
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
He is a smidgen young (by a week or two) for teething but it could be his age is misjudged or he is an early bloomer. I don't have photos but I remember the extra chewy phase being about 3-4 months old to 6 months old, sort of. I'd keep an eye on it, take photos if you can, and take him to a vet if you think it's getting worse. Especially in kittens, I'd rather be the overcautious cat mom then the one who waits too long.

SaraBeth88

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
So as much as they hated it I peeked into both of their mouths and it isn't any bigger than the other side or her gums back there, I'm thinking it's jist a color thing bc he has black spots on his nose and other places in his mouth and on his body but they see the vet tomorrow, it was just a weird spot to me but it isn't growing, changing color, or causing him pain, and he's chowing on the dry food just fine