10-week old kittens with diarrhea

Joelle and the kittens

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I recently adopted two kittens that I had been fostering since 7 weeks (feral before that, now very socialized). Last ~Thursday I noticed they were both having diarrhea, although I don't know if it was every evacuation at that time. Now it seems they only poop diarrhea.
Emergent signs:
*Diarrhea comes in small amounts each time (they go 4+ times a day that I see over ~8 hours supervision)*
*Diarrhea is very liquid, no obvious evidence of tapeworms or flukes*
*Anuses look slightly raw*
*No lethargy (very active playing throughout the day and night)*
*No loss of appetite*
*No incontinence (always make it to litter box, seem to be able to hold it several hours without any noticeable complaints)*
*One of them (Grey) has gained very little weight in the last couple weeks (maybe an ounce between May 26 and June 2? She was 1.7 lbs May 12, 2.2 pounds May 27, 2.25 lbs June 2)*
*Grey retched slightly today, with a little bit of liquid coming out, but hasn't vomited solids or hairballs*

History:
I haven't "officially" adopted them yet (still technically fostering) so don't have full vet records, but hope to get them tomorrow or Monday. Everything here is from memory so dates are a little fuzzy.
*Feral litter in my care since May 7*
*Both had unilateral eye infections of unknown cause which were treated with 200 µl clavamox and cipro eye drops in affected eye bid from May 7 to May 14*
*Had a course of dewormer once a day in food May 7 to May 9*
*Grey's eye infection worsened and the eye was enucleated on May 15(?) without complications*
*Grey continued her clavamox regimen May 15 to May 21, sutures removed May 22*
*Both spayed/neutered, vaccinated May 27, no issues*
*Have been eating ~0.75-1 can each spread over 3 session of Purina Fancy Feast Kitten food (wet) and either Purina Naturals or Source kitten food (dry) ad libitum, supplemented with cooked salmon as a treat every couple days*
**They have been on the same brand of wet food since 7 weeks, although there are four "flavors" I rotate through**

I've requested an appointment for at least Grey at the earliest time (Tuesday) but could look for a different hospital if sooner is needed.

What should I look out for (beyond lethargy, appetite, vomiting, change in stools)?
What other information should I provide?

Thank you

Sarthur2

Cat lady extraordinaire
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
It sounds like they may have a bacterial infection in their digestive tracts. They probably need metronidazole from a vet. Feed them 6 times a day for now since they are losing electrolytes with the diarrhea and not gaining weight. Also apply coconut oil to their irritated bottoms.