10 Week Old Kitten Vomiting, Not Eat Or Drinking

ShellyDawnHuppe

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Question...
I took both my 10 week old kittens to the vet yesterday for their first set of shots and a deworming pill. My male kitten was a bit sleepy but is better today.
My female kitten is not eating, not drinking and vomiting. Tomorrow morning at 11:30am will be 48 hrs like this.
My question is, has anyone’s kitty ever had this reaction, how long does it last and how or what did you end up doing to make him/her feel better.
My heart hurts for her.

war&wisdom

TCS Member
Super Cat
Purraise
Take her back to the vet immediately. Not eating or drinking for that long could be fatal fast. Is there an emergency vet in your area?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

ShellyDawnHuppe

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Not in my area. My husband is taking her to the vet first thing in the morning. Why would this be happening to her?

ShellyDawnHuppe

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I tried tuna. She had a nibble and just licked the fluid out of the dish. She threw up about an hour after.
I just gave her about 2ml of water throw a medication syringe. If she can keep it down for a while I’ll be a little relieved.

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
Good give her fluids at least. Pedialyte is good it has even some nourishment in glucose sugar there.

Goats milk or kmr via syringe is next step.

ShellyDawnHuppe

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
This morning she seems a little more active. She ate about a quarter table spoon of soft cat food. I know it’s not much but it’s more then she’s eaten in 2 days. If she pukes this up my husband is rushing her to the vet. It’s the first sign of her taking interest in her food. This gives me hope. I can’t say if she drank water last night. It’s hard to tell because the other kitten drinks too in the middle of the night. *fingers crossed*

ShellyDawnHuppe

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
We took her to the vet. They hydrated and ran abunch of test. They also ate checking for an intestinal blockage. Xrays shpwed she has a lot of gas build up which the vet said could be cause from vomiting so much. We go back this morning for another X-ray to see if what they gave her passed through her intestines. Hope my baby is ok.