10 Months Old And Still Aggressive

lilnana65

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I have a 10 month old male cat. We got him when he was 7 weeks old. I am at a loss of what to do anymore. He is very aggressive with our 2 resident cats that are adult cats. We did the proper introduction when they all first met but for some reason he just constantly attacks my two cats all the time and these are not playful attacks, they are very mean and vicious attacks. We got him fixed when he was 5 months old thinking that might help calm him down. Well here we are now 10 months old and he is still very much the same, no change. My husband has now said we have to get rid of him because our 2 resident cats live in fear constantly because of the aggression. This breaks my heart, he can be the sweetest kitty when he wants to be. I have watched many of Jackson Galaxy videos and other youtubes on what I can do but nothing is working. HELP please..

Thanks

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Welcome to TCS! :wave3: I'm glad you joined the site and came here for support. Just out of curiosity, does your cat go outdoors? If so, this Article may be helpful:
How To Deal With Non-recognition Aggression In Cats
If the cat does not go outdoors, you may want to refer to these two Articles:
Why Do Cats Attack?
Re-directed Aggression In Cats

You may want to consider talking to your vet as Furballsmom Furballsmom suggested. Best of luck, please let us know if you are able to find a solution to keep your kitty. :crossfingers:

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

lilnana65

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi!
Have you tried calming products or CBD oil? Have you talked to your vet?
I have not tried CBD oil but have used some calming products and those did not work unfortunately. I will take him to vet tomorrow and see what they can do for him.

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
At 10 months, he's still pretty young. Are you certain it's aggression and not play? This TCS article includes pictures and videos that explain the difference.
Are My Cats Fighting Or Playing?

Also, what is he like when you and your husband play with him? Any aggression?

It's possible since he was adopted at only 7 weeks, he never learned kitty etiquette and how to play nice from his mom and siblings. Though he's older now, here's an article from the Humane Society on Teach your kitten how to play nice that might be helpful.

A vet checkup is always a good first step. Let us know what the vet says.