10 Month Old Maxx

lily paddy

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
All of the sudden my boy seems to be so uninterested in me.. He is independent and does things without me.. sleeps in places he never has.. he is eating that IS FINE DOESN'T Appear sick ,, he just seems like he is changing.. is this common.. he never would go or sleep anywhere without me.. he seems almost crabby..

calicosrspecial

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I have found that some cats, when they feel more secure and confident, do start to be more independent. When that happens it is a good thing in my opinion because what the human has done up to that point has been very positive (building the cat's confidence and letting the cat know they are safe and loved).

Let's keep an eye on him. Is he walking around confidently? Tail up? Going up in the world (on things) instead of hiding? Going anywhere and everywhere (not avoiding any places).

Stepping up play is always a good thing and after a good play session feed treats or a meal. And just give him treats to keep that bond.

Just go at his pace, don't force affection on him, let him initiate love. And just keep building his confidence and loving him.

Please let us know how he is doing. As long as he is happy and confident I wouldn't worry too much. Some cats are more aloof than others.

Willowy

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Is he neutered yet? If not, he's turning into a tomcat. Tomcats tend to be less affectionate and somewhat preoccupied with trying to find a female. A neutered boy at that age is still maturing but he won't have the same hormonal urges.