10 Month Old Kitten Attacking My Legs Biting

Jwa

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
This isn’t my first cat but I’ve never had one that would attack me or bite me. I know he’s just trying to play but it’s got to stop. I’m thinking of trying timeouts in the spare bathroom with the light out. I’ve said no many times , I’ve hissed none , of that works. Any other suggestions? Thanks everyone
And yes I play with him constantly with mice, balls, feather toys, Wands and laser pointers. I don’t work so I’m home mostly and play with him every time he wants to play.
He also isn’t as affectionate.

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I don't know about the 'light out' part being necessary, but using a consistent tactic every time he attacks you will work the best. If you can pick him up, either hiss at him or say a firm 'no' (pick one type of noise and stick with it each time), say no more to him and take him to his time-out location, leave him there for no more than 2 minutes, then let him out and pretty much ignore him for a couple of minutes more.

It might take a while, but the more you can employ this process consistently, the quicker he will likely learn what it means!!

I hope other members will come along soon and offer additional techniques you might prefer to try!

He probably will become a bit more affectionate as he ages!!

CatLover49

All Cats Are Special
Top Cat
Purraise
I don't know about the 'light out' part being necessary, but using a consistent tactic every time he attacks you will work the best. If you can pick him up, either hiss at him or say a firm 'no' (pick one type of noise and stick with it each time), say no more to him and take him to his time-out location, leave him there for no more than 2 minutes, then let him out and pretty much ignore him for a couple of minutes more.

It might take a while, but the more you can employ this process consistently, the quicker he will likely learn what it means!!

I hope other members will come along soon and offer additional techniques you might prefer to try!

He probably will become a bit more affectionate as he ages!!
I agree with the picking him up n saying in a firm not harsh ..but firm..voice no..dont bite..no bite..looking directly at him..n say no ...no bite.and shake or head no...Cause I had the problem with my cat...n thats what I started doing..n he.slowed up alot...doing the running up behind my leg n nipping at my calf...But as far as time out I never did that..:thumbsup::):petcat::whitecat::catrub::kneading: