1 Yr Old Kitty Seems Odd Today

Trysh

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
My 1 yr old kitty Harley has seemed sleepy today sneezed a few times and is just not acting himself. His usually extra hungry attitude is a little stand offish. Since tomorrow is Sunday I'm planning on a vet visit monday. Any advice I just came home from work to notice he is a little extra cranky and sleepy.

Kieka

Snowshoe Servant
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Make sure he is eating and drinking. That is pretty much the best supportive care at home without knowing exactly what is wrong.

If he has a favorite wet food, offer it to him whenever he is awake. If you don't normally feed wet, maybe run to the store and get some or a jar of meat baby food (no garlic or onion added). That way he will get both calories and moisture.

It could be just a kitty cold but it is always better to be safe. Let us know how the vet goes.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Trysh

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Thank you :) he was fine earlier today I was just told jinx my kitten swatted him playing and got him in the eye. I will be on alert he did eat and drink all day I was told also I just worry lol like A LOT about my babies.

Kieka

Snowshoe Servant
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I am right there with you. It sounds like he might just be a little under the weather. I've had several of those conversations with my vet of "something is just a little off but I wanted to make sure I am not missing something". I figure it is better to have a record if it does become something plus my vet will get me in quicker if something does progress.

Trysh

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
You guys keep me sane ha ha my family thinks I've gone crazy lol... he did just get a flea treatment with advantage 2 like just q days ago I'm going to monitor him. I'll probably state at him all night haha

Trysh

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I meant two days ago it came out a q haha

Kieka

Snowshoe Servant
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I've had those nights. Or when you wake up in the middle of the night and have to check on them. My family knows that my cats are my kids. They have accepted the "look what cute thing Link did!" texts and freak outs over little health things.

You're in good company.

Trysh

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I'm so glad :)) I found this site it's the only positive thing Ive ever found on google!!!!

Trysh

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Update on Harley...he is sneezing but no discharge eyes looks like breaths out of his mouth for a few seconds after sneezing no running nose discharge. He did eat some baby food and a few pieces of dry food and drank some water. He had been up and around more but still not himself.

Trysh

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I'm just freaking out I don't want my other cats to get sick I don't want him sick. I just lost my dog of 17 yrs 2 days ago so I'm panicky.

Kieka

Snowshoe Servant
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I am so sorry for your loss. :alright:

I am sure it is nothing too serious. It might even just be him mourning the loss of your dog. I know my girl has made herself sick before when she is worried. When her brother broke his leg she had a mysterious illness very much like what you are describing. We did antibiotics, B12 and sub q fluids just to work her system back up. Af day or two later she was much better.

Last edited:

Trysh

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I'm a panicky mess because of my beloved lab passing and I don't want anything serious to be wrong with my baby kitty I am also afraid if he is sick the two elderly cats I have just can't get sick and then the baby kitten.

Trysh

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
That's what I wondered too he is acting a little better he was excited when I put food down he ate and drank which is better.