1 year old female cat looks like she opened spay wound or she licked glue residue off

Anak324

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi so my 1 year old cat was left unattended for 1 hour after i noticed some glue was coming off then when i came back she licked it to the point i can see the stitches. I just got her a inflatable collar since there were no e collars available and the vet didn't give us one. It doesn't bother her it doesn't smell and theres no puss im going to keep a eye on it but would it get infected? Should i do something else that could help?
1F915B30-DF72-4B57-B909-C4A376DEE6CA.jpeg

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi
Would your vet allow you to send this photo, or another updated one, in to them?

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I'd have that checked, just to be sure. I've seen open spays like that heal just fine, because the internal stitches were not compromised, but I'm having a hard time deciding if the redness I'm seeing on the edges is simply from the open nature of the wound, or possibly earlly infection. Let's not take any chances. Give him a call and see what he says. OR she.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Anak324

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi
Would your vet allow you to send this photo, or another updated one, in to them?
They don't answer their emails ever and aren't opened till Monday, also they aren't the vets that i went to for the spay i went to another place but i wasn't the one who took her.

Anak324

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I'd have that checked, just to be sure. I've seen open spays like that heal just fine, because the internal stitches were not compromised, but I'm having a hard time deciding if the redness I'm seeing on the edges is simply from the open nature of the wound, or possibly earlly infection. Let's not take any chances. Give him a call and see what he says. OR she.
Well the redding went down from earlier in the day it was probably because she was licking it till it came off? I will try contacting my vet Monday

Anak324

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi so my 1 year old cat was left unattended for 1 hour after i noticed some glue was coming off then when i came back she licked it to the point i can see the stitches. I just got her a inflatable collar since there were no e collars available and the vet didn't give us one. It doesn't bother her it doesn't smell and theres no puss im going to keep a eye on it but would it get infected? Should i do something else that could help?View attachment 418028
59AB80DD-E371-4E42-8430-F2309003828A.jpeg

Hi this is how it looks this morning i dont know if it looks good or bad for the day after

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi
I'm not a vet, but I think that looks a bit better, like it's healing up, it's less red around the site so I think that's good.

Anak324

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi i dont know if anyone of you guys know if scabbing is normal with her spay incision and if the scab comes off is it a problem?

Furballsmom

Cat Devotee
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
If the area that is under where the scab was is more pink than red, it should be ok.

Anak324

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
It looks a little questionable to me. Can you contact your vet?
I have they told me to bring her in but i can't because they're going to charge us to even look at her and we just cant do that now, we're trying to do everything to prevent going to the vet it does look smaller than the scab though