1 Y/o Male Cat Tries To 'ride' On My 2 M/o Kitten

milolicious

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I have a 1 year old domestic short-hair cat (Shorty) and a 2 month old siamese-persian kitten (Koala). At first, Shorty didn't like Koala (that's normal), and after a few weeks, to my joy, they were finally interacting and playing together. But, one day Shorty attempted to 'ride' (have sex) with Koala, which I didn't like (and Koala didn't like it, too). My Koala is too young for such things :(

My cat's a pedo, just kidding. But, is that even normal? How do I prevent him from doing that? Other than getting my cat neutered. He isn't neutered btw.

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Getting him neutered will take care of that and the smelly spraying he is going to start soon. Toms have a very high libido, he will pester her until he succeeds and she will soon get pregnant and then be too young and small to deliver safely. She could get pregnant as young as 4 months. They are not in 'season' dogs, they are stimulated to ovulate by the male. The males penis is barbed and hurtful, the female can be hurt easily, especially one as young as yours. My boys have all been neutered and are back to normal by the next day They make MUCH better pets, Toms are aggressive, want out all the time, disappear frequently, spray urine everywhere, and yowl a lot. Your time is coming with him, and then you have to deakl with abscesses and cat fights. Please consider getting him neutered as it takes 6 weeks for the hormones to leave his body, or you might have to keep them separated fro the little girl's safety. She will soon start all the yowling, urinating and wanting out all the time too, females can be spayed as small as two pounds.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

milolicious

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Getting him neutered will take care of that and the smelly spraying he is going to start soon. Toms have a very high libido, he will pester her until he succeeds and she will soon get pregnant and then be too young and small to deliver safely. She could get pregnant as young as 4 months. They are not in 'season' dogs, they are stimulated to ovulate by the male. The males penis is barbed and hurtful, the female can be hurt easily, especially one as young as yours. My boys have all been neutered and are back to normal by the next day They make MUCH better pets, Toms are aggressive, want out all the time, disappear frequently, spray urine everywhere, and yowl a lot. Your time is coming with him, and then you have to deakl with abscesses and cat fights. Please consider getting him neutered as it takes 6 weeks for the hormones to leave his body, or you might have to keep them separated fro the little girl's safety. She will soon start all the yowling, urinating and wanting out all the time too, females can be spayed as small as two pounds.
Well.. I have been thinking of getting him neutered but I've been having second thoughts about it. But I'm convinced after everything you said. Maybe I'll get him neutered after all. Thank you for your response :)

di and bob

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
What are your misgivings if I may ask? I've had cats in my life for over fifty five years and have had them both ways. I have NEVER seen an up side to keeping them a tom, it is a miserable life. Having a male neutered is MUCH easier than spaying a female, they are back to normal in a day. It makes their life so much better, it is well worth it!

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise

talkingpeanut

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
It’s not safe to have a much older intact male and a young female. Please get him neutered asap, and keep them separated until then. This is dangerous for your female.

Kieka

Snowshoe Servant
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I am glad to hear you are going to get him neutered. It really will make for a happier household and has medical benefits, most especially reduced cancer risk. I'd recommend getting your girl spayed before her first heat as well so that she also gets the full medical benefit of spaying.