Question of the Day - Tuesday, May 14

cassiopea

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
*Late Edition*

My apologies for my tardyness! Yesterday was a crazy day - for one, my BF was sent to the ER due to a workplace accident. He is OK thankfully and now back home, but has some fractures and will need surgery at some point.

Now on to the Q:

What meal from your childhood did you hate the most?

Probably pea soup, stew, and herring sandwiches with dill. But they were common dishes from both my parents cultural backgrounds, and even more prominent since they both grew up in poverty so this was part of their childhood. I highly disliked it, but learned to appreciate meals and tried my best to do so :sweat: :lol:

giphy (4).gif

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Chili mac, I think. Huge chunks of diced tomatoes were so gross to me.

NY cat man

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Liver! I don't know if it was the way my mother cooked it (dipped in flour, then pan fried) or not, but it was like chewing on a piece of leather, and about as tasteless. To this day, I wouldn't touch liver with a 20-foot pole.

IzzysfureverMom

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Liver! I don't know if it was the way my mother cooked it (dipped in flour, then pan fried) or not, but it was like chewing on a piece of leather, and about as tasteless. To this day, I wouldn't touch liver with a 20-foot pole.
Look at us traumatized by liver, by far the worst.Other than everything was boiled to death😬🤮

Margot Lane

Kitten at heart, not a Top Cat
Top Cat
Purraise
Honestly nothing! Was so busy scrambling round in the great outdoors, I always cleaned my plate.

PMousse

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I love that GIF in the OP of the orange cat throwing up LOL so funny!

I hated winter melon soup when I was little....then as a teenager one day I just suddenly really liked it. Still like it today.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I don’t think I really hated anything. My moms rule was always that you had to try it; but if you didn’t like it then you didn’t have to eat it. Fortunately for her; I loved almost everything.

The thing I don’t repeat in adulthood is scalloped potatoes from a box. I think I was an adult before I realized that I don’t really like them. Maybe with fresh potatoes; but not the rehydrated kind.