Lost?

catmandew2

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I advertised 4 kittens, with requirements such as indoor, no dogs, etc. A person, who met me at a store parking lot, took all saying the
other 2 were for a friend. The person agreed to the requirements and to stay in touch - then blocked me on the phone. I didn't intend
to infringe on privacy, I just wanted to know that they were safe. I never heard from the person, after the parking lot. I left dozens of texts and voice mails and even tried reverse phone # lookup. Is there anything else?

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
Welcome to TCS! :wave3: I'm sorry you have not been able to get in touch with the person who replied to your advertisement for 4 kittens. Unfortunately if they blocked you I would think that's not a good sign. Did you get any other contact info. such as their e-mail? Did you get the name of the friend who they said were interested in the other 2 kittens? Did they give you their full name? If so you can do a google search. Good luck! :crossfingers:

DesertKitty

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Never give away animals "free" to anyone - EVER - unless the are heavily vetted prior to the adoption, pay a healthy adoption fee and agree to a home / yard / family / vet check before hand with recommendations and pass with flying colors. It's not an infringement of privacy to require that adopters go through this process. It's common sense if you want to secure the right outcome for the animals. Criminals scour ads like yours on social media sites and forums for "free" pets in order to get their hands on animals for nefarious purposes. This doesn't just happen once in a while. It's commonplace. In the majority of these cases, the "free" pets become bait victims for animal fights, are sold to labs for experimentation or are used in ritual sacrifice. The fact that they blocked you means they are NOT above board in terms of their intentions for those kittens and they don't want you finding out what they are really going to do with them. Based on my own experience, those babies are not heading to warm, loving, devoted, permanent homes. If there is anything else at this point, my hope is that you think twice before doing the same thing again.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

catmandew2

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Welcome to TCS! :wave3: I'm sorry you have not been able to get in touch with the person who replied to your advertisement for 4 kittens. Unfortunately if they blocked you I would think that's not a good sign. Did you get any other contact info. such as their e-mail? Did you get the name of the friend who they said were interested in the other 2 kittens? Did they give you their full name? If so you can do a google search. Good luck! :crossfingers:
Never give away animals "free" to anyone - EVER - unless the are heavily vetted prior to the adoption, pay a healthy adoption fee and agree to a home / yard / family / vet check before hand with recommendations and pass with flying colors. It's not an infringement of privacy to require that adopters go through this process. It's common sense if you want to secure the right outcome for the animals. Criminals scour ads like yours on social media sites and forums for "free" pets in order to get their hands on animals for nefarious purposes. This doesn't just happen once in a while. It's commonplace. In the majority of these cases, the "free" pets become bait victims for animal fights, are sold to labs for experimentation or are used in ritual sacrifice. The fact that they blocked you means they are NOT above board in terms of their intentions for those kittens and they don't want you finding out what they are really going to do with them. Based on my own experience, those babies are not heading to warm, loving, devoted, permanent homes. If there is anything else at this point, my hope is that you think twice before doing the same thing again.

catmandew2

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
thank you. I was so fearful that they would grow up without finding homes, that I Hurried carelessly.

IndyJones

Adopt don't shop.
Top Cat
Purraise
Even a 50$ fee would act as a deterant to these people. Often they work for a "ring" of criminals. Its very organized crime actualy, they sell the animals on the black market to labs, dog fight rings and whoever else.

But a fee deteres them. These people are only intrested in one thing, money. Not the animals fate or welfare. I personaly would ask $100 per animal.

catmandew2

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
$50-$100 also "discourages" poor people - but I guess disadvantaged children shouldn't have pets.

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
What you could do, should the situation arise again, is getting the kittens their first vaccinations, and charge EXACTLY what the vaccinations cost you. And while I do not think that disadvantaged children should be denied pets, I do believe that every kitten or puppy should be vaccinated, if only to protect others living in the home. At LEAST they won't have to worry about transporting a pet, or taking time off of work for the appointment.

lokipepperlove

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
never ever give away animals I agree

IndyJones

Adopt don't shop.
Top Cat
Purraise
$50-$100 also "discourages" poor people - but I guess disadvantaged children shouldn't have pets.
I'm going to be brutaly honest here, if someone can't afford $50-$100 they have no buissness owning a pet. I was being very generous there. That alone would be the cost of an initial vet check and if someone doesn't have enough to take the pet to the vet they can't afford a pet.

Having a pet is a luxury. If you can't afford to take care of it then you should not be adopting it in the first place.