Has anyone seen a nose lesion like this?

cosima53

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My cat has had a small red bump on his nose for over a year. It has grown slightly larger, brighter, and more elevated over time. Today it was oozing blood for the first time I've noticed. I've had it looked at and the vet said not to be concerned, that it was likely a scar or pimple. Has anyone seen something similar on your cat? I'm going to take him back in now that it's changed in appearance, but I'm worried in the meantime and would appreciate any insight y'all might have. Thank you!

This was what it looked like two months ago:

426830307_10200570339646276_2645594709543817039_n.jpg

And this is what it looks like today:
IMG_1540.jpg

He did get in a scuffle with another of our cats this week, so maybe there was a repeat trauma? But I feel like if that was the case, there'd be evidence like a scratch or scrape outside of the lesion.

silent meowlook

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi. That is concerning. If this was my cat, I would want to get that removed and send it in for a histopathology.
I don't know what it is, but it doesn't look like a scratch or an injury.

Your cat as a very white face, I would not let him in the sun if you can help it.

If you do opt to get it removed, I would make sure to use a veterinarian experienced in removing things such as this in a cat. I would not do a needle aspirate or cytology, if this was my cat. Sometimes if something is cancerous, and you stick a needle in it, it can spread quickly. That is with some cancers, not all.

I am not a veterinarian and am just stating my non licensed opinion.

One option is to get a referral to a veterinary dermatologist. Often, they have seen whatever it is before and will be more experienced in removing things such as these.

Very cute, sweet looking cat.