I Love You But, I Hate You.

macearlie

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I recently adopted a family members cat a little less than 2months ago. Which means we now have 3 cats in our house. I have never had a cats that did not mesh together nicely when brought into the home.

Our new kitty has been making great progress .. she's getting more comfortable with the boys and moves about the house without hissing or yelling when the boys get close.

The problem is that she and my one cat korg (who are the same age) seem to be bonding, but I can't tell if they actually are. Korg is very submissive and afraid of his own shadow and Bella is definitely in charge. She will walk up to him and they will sniff each other's faces and things are fine , but she will randomly start hissing and swatting him.

Today he was on the bed grooming himself and she came up to him and sniffed him, and he started grooming her and she was fine for about a minute.. then she launched herself at him growling and such.

He very rarely fights back, just runs to me goes off to the side away from her.

She completely ignores my other cat , because he doesn't care and won't react to her. He's old and grumpy.

Is this normal? Or should I be doing something to intervene.

Columbine

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Hi, and welcome to TCS :wave3:

I'm so sorry you haven't gotten a reply before now. This is a huge site, and occasionally threads get missed.

With Bella and Korg, it sounds like a mix of bonding and dominance on Bella's part. In my experience, females often like to be in charge, and especially so if they're ultra confident (as Bella seems to be). It sounds like Korg may need a little human support at times, to help him not feel so overwhelmed. Extra interactive playtime for Bella may help matters, as she'll be able to run off some of that excess energy in a more positive way ;)

How are things going now?