What's for dinner? - 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

janem

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Ever since someone mentioned salt and vinegar potatoes here I've been craving them. Found a recipe online and made tonight.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
We had chicken quesadillas
We like those. I make them with slices of Granny Smith apple in with the chicken. And a wee bit of Cheddar, sometimes with Provolone.

I took some shrimp out of the freezer for tonight. We are supposed to get some rain; if it holds off, we're going to make Tequila Lime Grilled Shrimp. If it does rain, I'll just throw together some Oregano Shrimp for supper. Either way, I'm going to make a bit of brown rice pilaf to go with.

blueyedgirl5946

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I have left over barbecued chicken. I think I will make potato salad. I have some cabbage already cooked in the freezer. I will take that out.

imjustacatmom

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Tonight I'm going to make chicken and cheese enchiladas in red sauce num num nummerz [emoji]127831[/emoji][emoji]127835[/emoji][emoji]127838[/emoji]

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Last night, I took some turkey kielbasa out of the freezer. Sliced it in half and put one-half in the fridge to use on Saturday.

The other half I sliced thinly, sauteed onion and pepper slices in a nonstick pan with a little chopped garlic. Sliced and threw fresh mushrooms into the mix. Made some farfalle. After that drained, i threw it into the pan of kielbasa and veggies. Added a chopped tomato. And a half-cup of corn. Threw in some fresh basil and oregano from the flower garden. Added some shredded reduced-fat Mexican cheese and let that melt down a little bit. And you know what? It wasn't half bad. Rick liked it. We had it with a Garlic-Parmesan roll from the freezer.

I never know what to do with kielbasa, so I usually end up winging it. Throw in a bit of this, some of that, a little of whatever I have on hand.

Not sure about tonight....Rick says he is "dying" for a hoagie, so we may go to Subway.

blueyedgirl5946

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
Last night, I took some turkey kielbasa out of the freezer. Sliced it in half and put one-half in the fridge to use on Saturday.

The other half I sliced thinly, sauteed onion and pepper slices in a nonstick pan with a little chopped garlic. Sliced and threw fresh mushrooms into the mix. Made some farfalle. After that drained, i threw it into the pan of kielbasa and veggies. Added a chopped tomato. And a half-cup of corn. Threw in some fresh basil and oregano from the flower garden. Added some shredded reduced-fat Mexican cheese and let that melt down a little bit. And you know what? It wasn't half bad. Rick liked it. We had it with a Garlic-Parmesan roll from the freezer.

I never know what to do with kielbasa, so I usually end up winging it. Throw in a bit of this, some of that, a little of whatever I have on hand.

Not sure about tonight....Rick says he is "dying" for a hoagie, so we may go to Subway.
Winchester Winchester Kielbasa is good sliced and added to cabbage.

I have leftover ham, potato salad, and collards. We will probably eat that.

Last edited:

catlover19

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We will have the hamburgers we were supposed to have last night. I ended up grabbing a sub instead and the kids had hot dogs yesterday.

imjustacatmom

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
My hubby is grabbing a Costco rotisserie chicken and we'll either have chicken and potatoes or I will go the Mexican route and have Chicken tacos with black beans and rice...or maybe I'll make saimin with chicken and veggies...oh the endless possibilities

bbdoll22

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We were supposed to have spaghetti and meatballs but it's too hot.
I'll be grilling burgers and baked beans with a green salad for sides.
My 6 year old wants a coldcut sandwich and apple slices so I'll make him that.

imjustacatmom

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I ended up eating avocado toaston baguette with provolone cheese and chicken on the side [emoji]128522[/emoji]

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
We're thinking of grilled ham with a salad. We bought some Raspberry Chipotle Grilling Sauce and I think it would be great on grilled ham.

Status
Not open for further replies.