What's for dinner? - 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

Winchester

In the kitchen with my cookies
Veteran
Purraise
Thanks, JaneM. I do like homemade catsup....I think it has a great flavor.

Smile123, the word is spelled either way. I spell it both ways!

Dinner tonight. Seriously, I'm considering 80-calorie Ball Parks. Rick can do them on the grill. 

I have to check out my GF's computer tonight; she invited us there for supper, but I'm so close to my weight goal and I really hate to screw that up. And I know that it I go there for dinner, I'll end up gaining about 3 pounds! (She's a good cook)

Last edited:

blueyedgirl5946

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I am thinking of gluten free hot dogs with coleslaw and frozen steak fries. I bake the fries in the toaster oven.:nod:

micknsnicks2mom

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
mac and cheese, some canned peach slices, and the last of the strawberry jello.
McDonald's, ugh. We had steak marinating and have fresh corn on the cob and sweet potatoes...then my son fell. He has a massive bump on his forehead so we took him to the hospital and missed dinner time. Went through the drive thru on the way home.
aaaaaah! your poor little guy! i sure do hope he's okay. that had to have been very scary for you.

Last edited:

catlover73

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I worked today and hubby had an eye exam. His eyes were dialated so he can't see correctly yet. We are ordering pizza for dinner tonight and going out later this evening. The bar we are going to for karaoke tonight does not serve food.

catlover19

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
McDonald's, ugh. We had steak marinating and have fresh corn on the cob and sweet potatoes...then my son fell. He has a massive bump on his forehead so we took him to the hospital and missed dinner time. Went through the drive thru on the way home.

catlover73

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I hope your son is going to be ok. I also hope you can still eat you dinner from tonight on Sunday.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
Glad your son is OK.

I took a chicken breast out of the freezer, but haven't decided yet what to make with it. Leaning toward Chicken with Rosemary-Onion Sauce. With green beans and a salad.

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
We decided on seasoning the chicken breast with Cajun seasoning, then throwing it on the grill. I heated up a cup of frozen homemade pasta sauce and made Rick some spaghetti. His plate had  a bed of spaghetti with the pasta sauce, then half of the chicken breast, with a thin hunk of low-fat smoked Provolone melted on top. I had some of the pasta sauce with my chicken, but no spaghetti or cheese, and we both had a bit of salad. 

So now I've a quart (minus a cup or so) of homemade pasta sauce that I'm not sure what to do with. I'm thinking of a small casserole of baked ziti later on this week to use that up.

And tonight? Grilled salmon with salads.

We really do tend to eat a lot of fresh salads in the summer. They're usually made fresh every night with several kinds of lettuces (depending on what's in the fridge), some chopped onion, sliced celery, a few sliced radishes, carrot, 'shrooms, broccoli and/or cauliflower, cucumber, sometimes some peas, and tomato. Right now, we're on a kick with the Sweet Onion and Bacon Vinaigrette from Trader Joe's. Two tablespoons is 70 calories (and yes, I measure it out on my salad). 

But I also make my own salad dressings because I make them lower in fat and calories.

Last edited:

artiemom

Artie, my Angel; a part of my heart
Top Cat
Purraise
Salads are so good during the supper.. a huge chief's salad is my 'go to' for supper, almost every night. I love them. 

In the cooler weather, and winter, I do not eat many salads--perhaps once a week or so..I prefer warm meals then.

Salads and Summer just seem to go hand in hand. 

and the produce is fresh..

Reminds me, I have to make a salad for supper.. I like to get it ready in a tupperware container, but keep the tomatoes and protein separate. I add those things in, before serving. 

For some reason, I am not using bottled or even homemade salad dressings. I really like a good balsamic vinegar and extra virgin olive oil on my salads. I do not care for things very vinegary....

Since I have cut back on salt, I can really taste it. I had a small of a taco dip at the store, I could not stand the saltiness of it. I even commented that it was too salty.. I find the same thing with sweets, now. I guess my taste buds have changed quite a bit. 

Winchester

Veteran
Purraise
The salmon that we didn't have last night. We did some shopping and some running around yesterday; til we got home, it was getting late and Rick didn't feel like grilling. I didn't feel like cooking. Neither of us really felt like eating much. He microwaved a French bread pizza and I ate some cantaloupe. That was our supper. We'll have to do that salmon tonight.

jcat

Mo(w)gli's can opener
Veteran
Purraise
The tomatoes are ripening fast, so I made up some spaghetti sauce with meatballs. The spaghetti will go on in about an hour.

catlover19

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'm going to make sausage, peppers on onion spaghetti. I'm going to take the sausages out of the casing and crumble it to use instead of ground meat. We will have bbq ranch salad with it because it needs to be used up.

Status
Not open for further replies.