What weird thing did your cat do today?

KittyCat_chitchat

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I gave the cats the chance to play with some tall cardboard boxes that had contained a couple of plants I'd ordered for the garden. Cleo, being the hyper tortie she is, HAD to investigate both the plants and the boxes. They had those handle holes you sometimes get to make them easier to carry, so I spent a good long time playing 'whack-a-mole' with her by scratching a pencil around on the other side of the box from her and then poking it through the holes for her to try and grab. After we'd finished, she kept stretching up on her hind legs and poking her paws through the holes, presumably on the off-chance that there might still be a pencil in there. Ozzie just watched all this looking bemused

Today I also found out that walking slowly and casually up to Ozzie when he is lying on the kitchen tiles and stopping before I get to him is TERRIFYING, but that I'm allowed to step right over him while carrying a large potted plant. Ours is not to question why.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

alysker

(Alice) Girl with a cat
Adult Cat
Purraise
To continue this thread. Today miso sat on one of her toys and looked around confused before weirdly spasming from left to right to jump up and look at her toy in confusion because it must have tickled her or something

Caspers Human

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Elliot likes to lay on the Girl-Human's used tissues!

If one falls on the floor, he'll go over, lay on it and stay there for quite a while, "possessing" the tissue, sometimes, for ten or fifteen minutes until he decides to do something else.

It is because of her human scent on the tissue? Is it his prey drive? Does he want to "kill" it? Maybe he wants to play with it? Or, does he have some strange fascination with snot rags?

I've never figured out, quite, why.

Caspers Human

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Yeah! Good one!

He is an abandoned cat. He's also afraid of coyotes. One time, when he heard coyotes, he came up on my lap and cowered. I know he's also into territory marking. He used to make his midden pile right outside our back door.

You just might be onto something, there! :)

maggie101

3 cats
Top Cat
Purraise
My oldest cat peaches is bff with coco but if peaches is walking by and coco taps her on her shoulder she gives a loud screech and runs off. She's not in pain she just does not like to be startled

alysker

(Alice) Girl with a cat
Adult Cat
Purraise
My oldest cat peaches is bff with coco but if peaches is walking by and coco taps her on her shoulder she gives a loud screech and runs off. She's not in pain she just does not like to be startled
I mean fair enough, neither would I xD

lucho

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Wierd? Pantera was on top of the wardrobe, her personal space nearly 7 feet high. Billy is growing, gaining in strength, and can now jump up on the wardrobe (he uses the dresser to reach the top, he can't jump 7 feet yet. Only about 5 feet ). Today Billy jumped up on top of the wardrobe while Pantera was already there. When Pimenta did that, Pantera aggressively kicked her off the wardrobe. But Billy? She doesn't care at all that he's there :eek3: To be fair, Billy stayed on the point, he didn't dare get close to Pantera.

Pantera has begun to cut Billy more slack than she ever did for Pimenta. Very wierd...

alysker

(Alice) Girl with a cat
Adult Cat
Purraise
Wierd? Pantera was on top of the wardrobe, her personal space nearly 7 feet high. Billy is growing, gaining in strength, and can now jump up on the wardrobe (he uses the dresser to reach the top, he can't jump 7 feet yet. Only about 5 feet ). Today Billy jumped up on top of the wardrobe while Pantera was already there. When Pimenta did that, Pantera aggressively kicked her off the wardrobe. But Billy? She doesn't care at all that he's there :eek3: To be fair, Billy stayed on the point, he didn't dare get close to Pantera.

Pantera has begun to cut Billy more slack than she ever did for Pimenta. Very wierd...
Interesting how dynamics can change like that right!

lucho

TCS Member
Alpha Cat
Purraise
Interesting how dynamics can change like that right!
Yep; I don't think she would admit it, but I think Pantera likes Billy. He certainly adores it when she chases him and knocks him around

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
We had a handyman come over to do some work. Carleton wasn't afraid of him since he likes visitors and the handyman has two cat of his own. But when he started using the drill Carleton froze and his ears went up and down. 🙀

Biomehanika

Toxoplasmosis Mind Control Slave
Adult Cat
Purraise
I spilt a tiny bit of Diet Coke on the floor and wiped it up… Moose came over, sniffed the spot, and did the classic “invisible dirt” covering paw move onto it that they do when they don’t like their food…. he walked away and came back and did it again, and again, and again…. Safe to say he’s not a fan of Diet Coke :flail:

alysker

(Alice) Girl with a cat
Adult Cat
Purraise
We have a robotic fish toy and miso is scared but intrigued. Today she slapped it to make it move, then ran around the table to watch it from a distance. When it stopped she slapped it again and then ran away to my girlfriends desk meowing at her for help. As if she's not the one constantly slapping it to make it move xD