The Exercise Motivation Thread - 2024

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
Our exercise motivation thread had slipped down to the 4th page!

😱

I've been very active for the past couple of weeks. My mum came to visit so I took some time off to do a bit of sight seeing with her. I went horse riding on April 23rd, then between the 26th and May 9th I did lots of long walks around cities, two long hikes, one along the coast and one through a forest, and explored an island that had a 330 step stairway leading down to a cave and back up again. My thighs are still in recovery.

I'm currently fighting off a cold. I get sick every time I go through Tokyo. I haven't been that active for the last few days because of that, but I might venture out for a walk soon.

How's everyone else doing?

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
A little gardening, but weather hasn't been co-operative, so not much else. One day I'll get walking again.

Lari

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Mostly just stroller strides once a week. A couple walks.

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
I went for a walk for about an hour yesterday. It was sunny, but I wore my thick fleece as I'm determined to try and sweat out this cold. Two 30 minute yoga practices today.

Being sick is so frustrating!

Norachan

Staff Member
Purraise
I've been gradually easing myself back into longer walks and yoga routines this week. I started with hour walks and 30 minute yoga practices, but yesterday I was feeling much better so did and hour of yoga and then a two hour walk.

I found a new trail to explore. There's a huge area of forestry commission land near here. They finished logging one section a few months ago and the logging trail is still clear. I followed it uphill for a couple of miles, then managed to find the place where it connected to another logging trail and looped back through the forest. It was a really nice walk. The new trees that have just been planted are only knee high, but there are other areas where the trees are already over two meters and some older growth areas with massive pines and cedars. Lots of native trees in flower too.