My cat meows to play the whole day! He never gets tired!

ana anula

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I have a cat which is 17 months. I give him a lot of attention, he  has always food, water and clean litter. The problem is I work at home and he wants to play constantly, I play about 20-30 minutes twice a day at least but that is never enough so he is all day meowing an looking at me with his paper-ball next. The point is I need to find a way that he understands that sometimes we can play and other times I need to work without hearing constant meowing...

Is there a way to teach him play alone a little bit (I tried to buy all kinds of cat-toys, he plays about two minutes and tries to play with people again, which might be much funnier) or geting him tired faster?

Thanks!

walfie

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Have you thought about getting him a friend to play with? He's probably lonely and want's companionship. I know that was the problem with my little boy, and since we got him a playmate they mostly just entertain one another (only downside was I lost a lot of my cuddle time lol). 

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

ana anula

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Thanks for your suggestion. The point is I travel quite a lot, and taking one cat with me or arranging someone to take care o him is more than enough, so I cannot get a mate for him right now (maybe in a coupe of years)...