Meet my handsome new man

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

Biomehanika

Toxoplasmosis Mind Control Slave
Adult Cat
Purraise
Ugh. I left the door without the “high security” leash around the knob for LITERALLY one, maybe two minutes while I brought something outside (the leash very much blocks the path to the stairs and I thought it would be fast enough that it wouldn’t cause issue) and STINKIN’ MOOSE went and pushed the door open. My bedroom door sucks and doesn’t properly close/latch, so if that’s not on it’s very easy for them to push open from the outside. He didn’t jump over the baby gate thankfully but new boy seemed a bit spooked so they definitely got a look at eachother at the very least, which was no way in the plans for anytime soon because I haven’t even started scent swapping yet. I don’t know if any hissing or unpleasantries were exchanged but Moose was huddled low to the ground looking into the room and new boys tailed was a little puffed up (there was at least 6 feet of distance between them) and when I fully opened the door to come into the room he quickly scurried to the “safe spot” between the wall and the door. He’s already come back out though so hopefully no real damage was done. Luckily it was Moose and not Bitsy at least… he is the much more cat friendly one of the two so less likely to have been spitting unpleasantries at the little guy.

I just wanted to put their fur outside for the birds 😫

6244F142-85A6-487E-9D16-FBD8B5EB6211.jpeg

Biomehanika

Adult Cat
Purraise
Aegon or Egg for short made me think of Egbert - would Anglo-Saxon names appeal?
Maybe! Depends on the individual name(s). Fair warning though I’ll probably not like any of them as usual, even the ones I think I like I don’t like looool :flail:

Biomehanika

Adult Cat
Purraise
Scent swapping has begun… :cheerleader:

New boy snuggling with a Bitsy and Moose scented sock and sweater, he had no real reaction besides wanting to snuggle these items, I think he is quite used to their scent already.

207D1D50-9618-4C7D-A38E-5E1AF5EF0317.jpeg

0779F048-CBD3-49DD-A78B-B3C2C64EC18D.jpeg

Have the same scratcher in their respective areas that they all use a lot so I swapped those… Moose and Bitsy were VERY interested in his and spent a good amount of time checking it out. Both were super relaxed with his scent so I guess it’s made it’s way to them quite a bit through me over these past two weeks. There was ZERO hissing or redirected aggression at Moose from Bitsy which is just great. When I started introducing her and Bentley to Moose she did both from scent alone. She’s totally chill right now and is currently on my lap cuddled up purring, she can be extremely sensitive and gets upset easily so this is big.

DCC5FD69-FE01-497F-AC37-4E06A642FA68.jpeg

6A122BF2-6789-4076-B60B-E34F26538092.jpeg

Biomehanika

Adult Cat
Purraise
Aaaaand he just pooped and it was back to normal! Good size, perfectly formed, firm, but still well hydrated. S. Boulardii is a miracle worker!! :worship:

Biomehanika

Adult Cat
Purraise
I love those pictures of them all! ❤❤❤
With how unbothered they all were by each others scents there may be hope of getting a picture of them all together sooner than I expected… might attempt a “first look” baby gate meeting tomorrow 👀

Biomehanika

Adult Cat
Purraise
I knowwwww. The only thing cuter than his little air paws is his (extremely over exaggerated) happy head tilt that he does when I talk to him sometimes or when I’m preparing his dry food 🥹

(don’t mind my annoying voice lol)

Biomehanika

Adult Cat
Purraise
Aweee, thanks!!

I started introductions yesterday and the first round went extremely well. Bitsy didn’t stick around long but he and Moose got a good sniff at eachother and were totally chill and relaxed!! New boy was purring a lot during the whole thing. Actually, Moose (the sweet impatient little devil) jumped the barrier when I looked away for a couple seconds!! Which of course made me panic and I got him back over it within seconds but they were both totally unphased by it. Later in the night I let them have another little look-see which didn’t go quite as smoothly, Bitsy hissed at him quite a bit this time and then walked off which made him a bit nervous around Moose (who is VERY eager to make friends as always) so once I realized he wasn’t nearly as relaxed as before I called it a day for that. I also tried site swapping but may not do that again as I have to crate him momentarily to do the actual swap safely and he doesn’t like that. But yeah, he and Moose seem quite good together so far, but Bitsy is definitely not super pleased by his presence (as to be expected, she’s always the toughest egg to crack when it comes to intros). She was a little upset and grumbly after their short meeting but she will come around. New boy has a very sweet chill demeanor that she will appreciate once she gets to know him, she accepted Moose after awhile (who is high energy and annoys her all the time) so she will definitely accept him lol. I may separate the two RC’s for intros for awhile so I can work with them 1:1 and he doesn’t conflate Bitsy’s moodiness/hisses with Moose, ect, though.

After meeting the resident cats his personality changed a TON. He is usually a very quiet boy, I rarely hear him meow or chirp, but once visual access to the RC’s was cut off he started meowing a TON. He was vocal and meowed and mew’ed and chirped for most of the night, especially when I wasn’t in the room. He is also acting very interested in leaving the room now, whereas before he never tried to get through the door/over the barrier. I think he very much wants to hang out with them, and Moose very much wants to hang out with him, but I’m going to have to take things at Bitsy’s pace and not rush things too much. He is back to normal today re:vocalization.

Here are some (not so great) photos. Very hard to get cute ones when managing three cats, two of which are trying to jump your barrier lol!! They are just screenshots from some videos I took because I am still in close contact with Moose’s foster mom and she wants all the updates.

Attachments

fionasmom

Staff Member
Purraise
This all sounds very promising and they will be friends in a short time. The new boy really wants friends and he may have become used to having them given the number in the house where he lived.

Biomehanika

Adult Cat
Purraise
This all sounds very promising and they will be friends in a short time. The new boy really wants friends and he may have become used to having them given the number in the house where he lived.
Yes, he is definitely super comfortable with other cats due to where he came from, the big requirement for adopting him was that he was adopted with one of his friends or that there was another friendly cat in the house that he could become buddies with (had the same requirement for Moose). When I got Moose he quickly became buddies with Bentley, but Bentley passed not long after that :sniffle: . He and Bitsy get along for the most part now but Moose is so desperate for a playmate/wrestle buddy and she’s not having any of that lol, she only likes him when he’s calm/grooming her/sleeping with her lol, so I thought getting another cat loving boy closer to his age would benefit them both.

Margot Lane

Kitten at heart, not a Top Cat
Top Cat
Purraise
OMG that head tilt. This is all like some magic fairy story. I’m just eating popcorn waiting for the next installment. It’s funny how we’re all naming your cat! 🤣 …Bunter?