Meet Judzia Dax

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

catdaddy38

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
My daughter adopted her from a local shelter but I believe she might have been feral before being dropped off because she takes a while to warm up to humans and HATES strangers. She was also very sick(not sure with what) and had the runs, wouldn't eat, and hid most of the time when my daughter got her. They nursed her back to health and she was just starting to come out of their shell when their, then, 1-year-old son pulled her tall and she swatted him in the face, scratching him. They called me up and asked if I would take her, because they didn't trust her around their son anymore(I say they should have been watching the little tail puller and used it as a teaching moment...but hey I'm only a grandparent so what do I know). Knowing they would probably just let her roam free if I didn't take her in, I decided to take her in. That was late December 2022. It took her a few weeks to warm to me but now we're inseparable though she is still a female cat and therefore VERY independent. She loves me in very much her own distanced way. She'll sleep on her cat tree in my office while I play video games or watch birds out the front window while I'm watching tv. Every few days she MIGHT jump up in my lap while I'm in my recliner and let me pet her but that's a rare occasion. She will jump up on my bed and demand attention in the morning and if I still have my cpap on she might come up by my face and let me pet her a little bit while she investigates my mask and hose(still hasn't figured out why I wear it though looks angry on the mornings where I forgot to put it on all night). She will then follow me into the bathroom and demand more attention while I do my morning business. Come to think about it...I don't think I've used the bathroom privately in about a year and she will even use her litter box at the same time sometimes.

OH that reminds me...she LOVES wearing her Packers jersey during the football season(we are diehard Packer fans in this house). She purrs when I put it on her and will hide when I try to take it off after games. She also likes to get in front of the tv and swat the linemen on the butt...such a little hussy lol.

catdaddy38

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Dax says GO PACK GO!!

1715993346043.png

"Dad the game's about to start, I don't want to miss the first possession so I can swat at the linemen's butts again, put the camera down and let's go!"
1715993384381.png

catdaddy38

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Dax watched the wildcard game with me last January.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Dax says GO PACK GO!!

View attachment 476523

"Dad the game's about to start, I don't want to miss the first possession so I can swat at the linemen's butts again, put the camera down and let's go!"
View attachment 476524
Awwwww, Dax! I had a good friend from WI who was a big Packers fan and she would LOVE to see Dax in her gear, I'm sure!
Yes, the tail-pulling incident brings to mind the same thing that happened in our family when I was an ignorant little kid. I loved our cat dearly but I was ignorant as all tiny kids are. Fortunately my mom saw me do this and she came up and pulled my hair, hard enough so it hurt. When I protested, she said, "See? That's how it feels when you pull his tail!" Of course I never did this again and it was a very, very valuable life lesson, one every kid should be taught!!!