lysine effectiveness timeline

franklinsmother

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
i took my cat to the vet around a week and half ago for sneezing and sniffling. he’s been a little more sleepy lately and not finishing his whole portion of food. he eats but stops and sometimes goes back sometimes does not. on paper he is perfectly healthy. i also adopted him pretty recently so while i was discussing this change to my vet (sleepy), she said it could also be that he’s just becoming more comfortable. she told me to use lysine for the sneezing and sniffling. per the instructions, i give him it two times a week. however, i am not seeing much results. does anyone have experience with lysine and how long it takes? also does anyone have advice or experience with these symptoms? he did have a uri when i first adopted him but the discharge hasn’t come back. i am very quick to freak out when it comes to these changes just because he’s my first baby. i’ve had family cats before, which i’ve loved, but i’m just worried all the time with him when i notice anything. thanks!

white shadow

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Hi franklinsmother franklinsmother !

First of all, was your Vet talking about herpesvirus? Did she say he has the herpesvirus?

You mentioned that earlier he had a discharge.....was that from his eye(s) ?

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

franklinsmother

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
Hi franklinsmother franklinsmother !

First of all, was your Vet talking about herpesvirus? Did she say he has the herpesvirus?

You mentioned that earlier he had a discharge.....was that from his eye(s) ?
when i first adopted him and brought him home he had a uri and had clear discharge from his eyes. he doesn’t have the discharge right now. is herpesvirus the same as a uri? i couldn’t tell from searching.

lisahe

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
when i first adopted him and brought him home he had a uri and had clear discharge from his eyes. he doesn’t have the discharge right now. is herpesvirus the same as a uri? i couldn’t tell from searching.
The herpesvirus can cause upper respiratory infections.