Is this chin acne?

shebaa

Queen of Sheba
Alpha Cat
Purraise
I noticed this on Tuesday under my cats chin. I'm hoping is only chin acne. I do clean my cats bowls regularly and use stainless steel bowls. I feel like ot got a tad bit bigger since Tuesday, not much though. Thoughts?

Attachments

FeebysOwner

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Hi. That could be just about anything, including rubbing against something and causing some irritation. Does s/he scratch at it, or is s/he bothered if you touch it? Does s/he go outside or have things s/he could use as a chin scratcher in the home? Maybe an allergic reaction to a food change, or cleaning products that you use. Think about things that might be different than perhaps even a week ago.

Keep taking pics to watch its progress and if it continues to get worse, you might want to share the pics with your vet.

You could try chamomile tea - Buy chamomile tea bags - you can find them in most any grocery store and generally speaking those are Germain - you don't want English or any flavorings or additives. Brew a bag in water, cool the liquid to room temp and then apply some to that area with a soft cloth or cotton balls. Chamomile tea is a soothing and healing agent, as well as having anti-bacterial/anti-fungal properties. It is safe for your cat to ingest if that should happen.