Is my cat pregnant?

blackstarnoemi

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
My exotic long hair cat mated on April 9, 2024, with an exotic long hair male too (they are both papered). My cat stayed there for 3 days and they are mating non-stop.

My only concern is that when we went home (April 11-12), my cat is still heat. Does it mean that the stud wasn't successful?

Also, she keeps on meowing and rolling around (idk if she's just playful) but when i touch her behind she's getting angry and running away haha

Attached are her nipples now

Attachments

StefanZ

Advisor
Staff Member
Advisor
Purraise
The reddening "hindberry red" happens typically on the day 21. MAY be some day earlier, but surprising often, its day 21.

Nay, heat doesnt need to stop directly after mating.

So, count she is preg.... Although, exceptions do occur, that is why in most mating agreements there is a clausule for an renewed mating IF. The only typical exception is really, if the male is neutered... (Been there, done that).

Im a little suprised there is such an animal as a longhaired exotic... I though they would be registered as Persians... But its perhaps different in different associations. :)

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

blackstarnoemi

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
@e
The reddening "hindberry red" happens typically on the day 21. MAY be some day earlier, but surprising often, its day 21.

Nay, heat doesnt need to stop directly after mating.

So, count she is preg.... Although, exceptions do occur, that is why in most mating agreements there is a clausule for an renewed mating IF. The only typical exception is really, if the male is neutered... (Been there, done that).

Im a little suprised there is such an animal as a longhaired exotic... I though they would be registered as Persians... But its perhaps different in different associations. :)
Yes! Actually in her paper she's registered as Persian ~

But she looks like an exotic shorthair with the a long coat! 😂

Thank you so much for your answer!