Introducing kitten to resident cat.

catblu12

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
Hi Ive rescued a new grey little boy named Leo 13 weeks old. I have a resident cat (Nali) at my apartment almost 3 years. Nali is obviously not thrilled about this but I have done prior research and alot of videos to ensure I can do my best as a cat parent to ensure safely introducing. I live in about a 800-900 sqft apartment. Nalis base camp is most definitely the bedroom while Ive had Leo roaming in the living area.

Ive introduced a practice Ive found called Eat, Play, Love after 2 days. Which is encouraging all the communal activites with them in the same common area. Eating, Playing and cuddles and all.

Nali has been a little hissy and a little swatty but from what I can observe she seems to not want to hurt little leo (I could be wrong) she doesnt seem to use claws and only paw swats + some charging every now and then. Ill attach some videos of some interactions ive been able to get on camera.

Cats - Google Drive

Does this look like good progress?

Mamanyt1953

Rules my home with an iron paw
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
It looks perfectly fine. I wouldn't worry about no-claws swatting or occasional charging in the least. That simply means that Nali has decided that Leo is part of the household, and must be taught his manners. He's a little upstart, and we cannot have that, now, can we? Looking at it from her point of view, of course!