Introducing Betty White

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Betty had a small hairball this morning. It came right after I gave her medicine. To be fair, she was already licking her lips when I caught up to her for her medicine. I’m not sure if she retained any. The hairball was a small thumb-sized tube. No residue. Lifted right up. Follow on spit was nothing more than a spit. This was 5am. By 6am, she was ready for first pass on breakfast. When I got up for my breakfast, she took second pass. She’s making her way through it. It should be gone by lunch. Despite the hairball, she seems no worse for the wear.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Betty had a small hairball this morning. It came right after I gave her medicine. To be fair, she was already licking her lips when I caught up to her for her medicine. I’m not sure if she retained any. The hairball was a small thumb-sized tube. No residue. Lifted right up. Follow on spit was nothing more than a spit. This was 5am. By 6am, she was ready for first pass on breakfast. When I got up for my breakfast, she took second pass. She’s making her way through it. It should be gone by lunch. Despite the hairball, she seems no worse for the wear.
Oh, no -- probably better for having jettisoned that! all clear for takeoff! :hearthrob: :cutecat::hearthrob:

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Oh, no -- probably better for having jettisoned that! all clear for takeoff! :hearthrob: :cutecat::hearthrob:
I worry about her not having meds on board. But she spent a good amount of time this morning head-banging with me. Kitty mosh pit. She brushes her face against mine. She’s sitting in my lap and seems to be doing alright.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I worry about her not having meds on board. But she spent a good amount of time this morning head-banging with me. Kitty mosh pit. She brushes her face against mine. She’s sitting in my lap and seems to be doing alright.
Yeah, that would worry me, too. Are they in there, or aren't they? Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm.

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 Is it me or my autism? Do you also have a really short fuse and hot temper for stupid 💩?

I am upgrading my iPhone SE from the 2020 to the 2022 model. I am not ready to give up the button for FaceID yet. My options were pick it up from the Apple Store in the giant mall which has become an even larger pain since they expanded it, or get it delivered. Obviously, I want it delivered because I hate going to that mall. Except they sent it via FedEx and for some dumb reason, I can't redirect it a FedEx store. So they've already blown through their earlier promised delivery window of 10 to noon. Now they are saying by 5 pm. And my blood is already boiling that "these lying lazy sacks are lying and lazy and they're going to keep pushing that window to 7 then to 9 then to 'we just couldn't deliver it today because we're lazy and we're lying to you about why we couldn't do it." And they're going to waste tomorrow too.

Now I get an email from Apple that they need me to link my new AppleCare to my Apple ID. Couldn't they do that themselves? Didn't I login with my Apple ID when I purchased this? And they can't even complete this operation in the web browser. They are telling me to download iTunes on Windows just to login to the iTunes store to complete this stupid purchase. For some baffling reason, they can't complete it on my current phone either.

It doesn't take much. But I am super :fuming::fireblob: today.

I feel bad for Betty because I can become a loud, angry, unpredictable ape when I get dumb 💩 overload. I'm surprised I haven't tossed my phone across the room yet.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
tarasgirl06 tarasgirl06 Is it me or my autism? Do you also have a really short fuse and hot temper for stupid 💩?

I am upgrading my iPhone SE from the 2020 to the 2022 model. I am not ready to give up the button for FaceID yet. My options were pick it up from the Apple Store in the giant mall which has become an even larger pain since they expanded it, or get it delivered. Obviously, I want it delivered because I hate going to that mall. Except they sent it via FedEx and for some dumb reason, I can't redirect it a FedEx store. So they've already blown through their earlier promised delivery window of 10 to noon. Now they are saying by 5 pm. And my blood is already boiling that "these lying lazy sacks are lying and lazy and they're going to keep pushing that window to 7 then to 9 then to 'we just couldn't deliver it today because we're lazy and we're lying to you about why we couldn't do it." And they're going to waste tomorrow too.

Now I get an email from Apple that they need me to link my new AppleCare to my Apple ID. Couldn't they do that themselves? Didn't I login with my Apple ID when I purchased this? And they can't even complete this operation in the web browser. They are telling me to download iTunes on Windows just to login to the iTunes store to complete this stupid purchase. For some baffling reason, they can't complete it on my current phone either.

It doesn't take much. But I am super :fuming::fireblob: today.

I feel bad for Betty because I can become a loud, angry, unpredictable ape when I get dumb 💩 overload. I'm surprised I haven't tossed my phone across the room yet.
*YES, x4* on the first sentence.
And yeah, I've had similar experience with Fed(UP)Ex. Someone sent me something via them. They SAY they tried to deliver and no one answered here. (Someone was ALWAYS home here. We never heard a doorbell or a knock.) Second "try" -- same results. So it ended up at a popup in a local Walgreens. This was around the end of December when there were a LOT of scams involving packages/cards. The research I did showed that such scams were indeed hot at the time and after asking my roomies if they knew anything about this with negative answers, I deduced that it was a scam. Then I got a few texts purportedly about the send. Deleted and reported them, again thinking it was scammers. FF awhile, and the sender asked if I'd gotten his send. Nope! Was that you? Yup. So FF some more time and he was chasing it down to reclaim and deliver personally. That goose was pretty wild, but he finally did take possession and deliver. Amazingly good that he did, because it was a sizable gift card to my favorite food shop. A couple of months late, but still valid. The food was doubly enjoyable and I was very grateful.
I'm not a big FedEx fan, needless to say.
Does that make you feel any better at all? Hopefully.
As for Apple...I'll just stop there.
I don't get loud but I DO get ex-ASPY-rated and it generally results in a very angry gut and me climbing the walls.
Let me know how you like your phone in the eventuality that you get it and power it up.
I'm still enjoying my 6SE Second Generation.

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Who couldn't smell this 💩 coming from a mile away?!

"We tried to deliver. We'll try again by 8 pm on Monday"

Yeah! FedEff that!

I called FedEx right up and said, "I don't believe your driver. I think he's lazy, lying, or both. How do I get the package out your drivers' hands and delivered to a pick-up location so I don't have to deal with this crap on Monday?"

Now that I've had a minute to calm down, the guy on the phone was actually nice and didn't deserve my rage. But he took it with grace and said, "we'll open an investigation on this driver, and you can come pick it up tomorrow at the holding facility it is going back to today."

I don't regret calling the driver a lazy liar. We have Amazon drivers come through here SEVEN days a week. We have UPS come through here all the time. It's only FedEx and DHL that supposedly have issues. They have issues alright. Their drivers are lazy liars! It's only ever those two carriers that I ever have problems with. When I have the opportunity, I will immediately redirect those deliveries to pickup locations because my blood and my body just can't take it when they waste my whole day and then lie to me about their attempted deliveries.

At least they didn't kick the can all the way to 8 pm tonight before blowing smoke up my bum. Now I can get on with the rest of my day knowing that I'll simply pick it up on the way to the taproom like I wanted to do in the first place. If I knew Apple was going to use FedEx and block me from redirecting it, I would have simply braved the mall.

Margot Lane

Kitten at heart, not a Top Cat
Top Cat
Purraise

Yeah! FedEff that!

I called FedEx right up and said, "I don't believe your driver. I think he's lazy, lying, or both. How do I get the package out your drivers' hands and delivered to a pick-up location so I don't have to deal with this crap on Monday?"

Now that I've had a minute to calm down, the guy on the phone was actually nice and didn't deserve my rage. But he took it with grace and said, "we'll open an investigation on this driver, and you can come pick it up tomorrow at the holding facility it is going back to today."

I don't regret calling the driver a lazy liar. We have Amazon drivers come through here SEVEN days a week. We have UPS come through here all the time. It's only FedEx and DHL that supposedly have issues. They have issues alright. Their drivers are lazy liars! It's only ever those two carriers that I ever have problems with. When I have the opportunity, I will immediately redirect those deliveries to pickup locations because my blood and my body just can't take it when they waste my whole day and then lie to me about their attempted deliveries.

At least they didn't kick the can all the way to 8 pm tonight before blowing smoke up my bum. Now I can get on with the rest of my day knowing that I'll simply pick it up on the way to the taproom like I wanted to do in the first place. If I knew Apple was going to use FedEx and block me from redirecting it, I would have simply braved the mall.
Well, if it helps, there’s a baseball game on. Maybe It’s tap room time!

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

Yeah! FedEff that!

I'm just hoping & praying there's a way for you to track it and actually know it's where they say it will be!!!
But I had a problem with UPS too. I get all of Elvis' supplies from petco(dot)com and have auto-delivery. They use UPS. I have stipulated that everything be delivered behind the back gate. *I'd settle for in front of it, if they're lazy or scared there might be some danger behind that gate. That's just a couple of steps further, after all. I get 7-30# tubs of litter every 3 mos. plus lots of cases of food, etc. I lift weights or else I couldn't lift, carry up steps, and stack these tubs.* My regular driver is great and always does this. One time, a driver didn't. They have handtrucks. They're big, burly guys. I'm a very scrawny female. You'd think they could do as the label states? NAH! Not only did this moron dump everything on my front verandah (and it's a big house, long & narrow. The walk from front to back, where the laundry room is and where I store litter, is a fair distance if I'm carrying a 30# tub.) but when I caught him and asked him to take it to the back, he refused. Outright. I pointed out the label wording. He lied and said these didn't have the wording. *They did, of course. Every one of them did. They always do. They're auto-generated.* And he REFUSED. So I called UPS, reported him, and when they asked what I thought should happen, I said, "He should be fired." I know that's harsh. But so was he.
So you're not alone. Just hope you get your shipment tomorrow!!!

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Perspective!

Also it’s such a bouncy fun song.

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Well, if it helps, there’s a baseball game on. Maybe It’s tap room time!
I don't really go out at nights because I have to be there for Betty's meds at 5 pm and again at 5 am and again at 5 pm and ... I find it's easier to sneak out during the day. I also like the daytime taproom crowd a lot better than the nighttime taproom crowd. Never seen anyone 86'ed on the day shift. The irony of this is that if I was just able to redirect to a FedEx location in the first place, I could have taken my laptop and made today a taproom afternoon. I know they didn't need a signature. But I'm also not leaving my iPhone up to my neighbors watch. Next door is vacant and is now a self-tour unit. I basically have non-residents coming in daily to the unit next door. So yeah. I'd rather not have anything of value delivered while I'm not here even if the gated community screens out (most of the) porch pirates.

Oh hey! Weirdest thing yesterday. Since I've been working from home, I've gotten used to the groundskeepers occasionally washing the sides of the buildings and sometimes the windows. But yesterday, they just straight up hosed down our balconies. What!? I mean I don't have anything of value on my deck because whoever built these never bothered to seal them. Rain comes right down through the non-sealed deck roofs and floors. I thought I found a perfect solution: a tension rod awning. But when I checked with property manager before ordering it, they said, "no, but you can get a free-standing umbrella." And I am thinking about my objections to having them washing our decks without any notice, and I don't have a good one other than, "isn't this my space, shouldn't you ask first?" I mean we're not supposed to be hanging laundry out there and we can't do crap to protect our stuff from the weather. So I guess we should just expect the summer monsoons! I'm going to hope that was a one-time thing and...

Margot Lane

Kitten at heart, not a Top Cat
Top Cat
Purraise
You
I don't really go out at nights because I have to be there for Betty's meds at 5 pm and again at 5 am and again at 5 pm and ... I find it's easier to sneak out during the day. I also like the daytime taproom crowd a lot better than the nighttime taproom crowd. Never seen anyone 86'ed on the day shift. The irony of this is that if I was just able to redirect to a FedEx location in the first place, I could have taken my laptop and made today a taproom afternoon. I know they didn't need a signature. But I'm also not leaving my iPhone up to my neighbors watch. Next door is vacant and is now a self-tour unit. I basically have non-residents coming in daily to the unit next door. So yeah. I'd rather not have anything of value delivered while I'm not here even if the gated community screens out (most of the) porch pirates.

Oh hey! Weirdest thing yesterday. Since I've been working from home, I've gotten used to the groundskeepers occasionally washing the sides of the buildings and sometimes the windows. But yesterday, they just straight up hosed down our balconies. What!? I mean I don't have anything of value on my deck because whoever built these never bothered to seal them. Rain comes right down through the non-sealed deck roofs and floors. I thought I found a perfect solution: a tension rod awning. But when I checked with property manager before ordering it, they said, "no, but you can get a free-standing umbrella." And I am thinking about my objections to having them washing our decks without any notice, and I don't have a good one other than, "isn't this my space, shouldn't you ask first?" I mean we're not supposed to be hanging laundry out there and we can't do crap to protect our stuff from the weather. So I guess we should just expect the summer monsoons! I'm going to hope that was a one-time thing and...
You could get yourself a free standing cantilevered umbrella— some of them look sort of rectangular. Might block your view, but it might, on a tilt, block the downward rain… IMG_6948.jpeg I realize this deck photo might not be an accurate representation…looks pretty ritzy.

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Nice suggestion, Margot Lane Margot Lane !
@daftcat Yeah, 1000%. I'd never leave anything up to my neighbors, because basically, even if they're nice and all, anything that's not yours doesn't belong to you and just doesn't generally get the same priority. I learned that lesson with my roomies!!!
What they're doing with the hose-cleaning is stupid, as it may damage THEIR property. And yeah, heaven forbid you have anything you care about that might get damaged in the process...
The video? I can't help but wonder what the impact on the world would have been if Taylor and MJJ had been able to get together on a dance video. :banana1::banana2::wow:

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Nice suggestion, Margot Lane Margot Lane !
@daftcat Yeah, 1000%. I'd never leave anything up to my neighbors, because basically, even if they're nice and all, anything that's not yours doesn't belong to you and just doesn't generally get the same priority. I learned that lesson with my roomies!!!
What they're doing with the hose-cleaning is stupid, as it may damage THEIR property. And yeah, heaven forbid you have anything you care about that might get damaged in the process...
The video? I can't help but wonder what the impact on the world would have been if Taylor and MJJ had been able to get together on a dance video. :banana1::banana2::wow:
One of the things I like about Taylor is that she’s not a great dancer. But she has more fun dancing than probably anyone else on that stage. She’s even said as much. Something like, “you can probably dance better than me. But I’m having more fun.” She normalizes just getting up and shaking your thang and dancing like nobody is watching. Even when everybody is watching! In cities across her Eras Tour, they’ve been registering small earthquakes from all the fans who Shake It Off. No joke!

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
One of the things I like about Taylor is that she’s not a great dancer. But she has more fun dancing than probably anyone else on that stage. She’s even said as much. Something like, “you can probably dance better than me. But I’m having more fun.” She normalizes just getting up and shaking your thang and dancing like nobody is watching. Even when everybody is watching! In cities across her Eras Tour, they’ve been registering small earthquakes from all the fans who Shake It Off. No joke!
No doubt. And I don't know if anyone cares that she's not a great dancer. With all of her other talents and the fact that she's 5'11" with legs for miles, who's keeping track of that?🤩

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
We had a taring error and the first reading was nonsense. I had to tare again with her on the scale and take the negative reading when she left. 9.84 looks exactly the same as last week. 😺👍
IMG_0001.jpeg IMG_0002.jpeg

tarasgirl06

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise

daftcat75

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
*How'd ya do it, Ms. Betty? EXACTly the same as last week?! Lookin' good, girl!* :hearthrob: :kneading::hearthrob:
Hairballs, missed doses, and small remainders on the plate from missed doses. 🤦‍♂️

Between the hairball the other morning where she essentially barfed up her medicine almost immediately after I gave it and another bouncing dose last night (the syringe was in her mouth but somehow I got the dose? in my face? 🤷‍♂️), she has left a few small remainders that probably help her maintain and not gain. She has weight to lose. I'm not concerned until she starts losing it. 😺👍