How do I find specific articles topics on the site?

IzzysfureverMom

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Probably not a tech genius😂. I am using the search button to find specific articles, but nothing pops up when I type in say hyperthyroidism or kidney disease. So I think I am not doing something right. Anyone know what I am doing wrong? Thanks.

DeesCats

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I don't see any specific Articles for either hyperthyroidism or kidney disease.

I've used Tanya's Comprehensive Guide when I had a cat that had kidney disease and it offers a lot of info and suggestions on what to look for and what to expect as well as suggestions on treating your cat along with your vet recommendations.

There is Treating hyperthyroidism from TCS but not an actual article.

I also have a difficult time with the search feature looking for specific words so don't feel alone in that.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

IzzysfureverMom

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
I don't see any specific Articles for either hyperthyroidism or kidney disease.

I've used Tanya's Comprehensive Guide when I had a cat that had kidney disease and it offers a lot of info and suggestions on what to look for and what to expect as well as suggestions on treating your cat along with your vet recommendations.

There is Treating hyperthyroidism from TCS but not an actual article.

I also have a difficult time with the search feature looking for specific words so don't feel alone in that.
Thank you for replying♥
She is not there yet, but vet thinks she will over the high normal border for thyroid by retest in July. Kidney maybe /maybe not
Just started looking, as things have changed a lot maybe since I last had a cat with either.
Writing a list of possible questions if they need to be asked.
Bookmarked Tanya's site and will check out the other you mentioned.
She is the last of a trio😢

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
nothing pops up when I type in say hyperthyroidism or kidney disease.
Although no specific Article about Hyperthyroidism there are many of us, myself included, who have dealt with this illness as well as kidney disease in cats. I've found the fewer words you put in your search the more results you get. You can always start your own thread and I'm sure you will get a variety of replies. Good luck when your kitty is retested in July. We'll be thinking of you. 🤗

IzzysfureverMom

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
Thank you so much neely! Always difficult when they start getting multiple health issues. You try to do everything you can to maintain their quality of life. I am hoping tests are better, but I'm also living in reality.

neely

May the purr be with you
Veteran
Purraise
I am hoping tests are better, but I'm also living in reality.
From reading your posts it sounds like you are on top of her health and will follow through with your vet's recommendations. The good news is that both illnesses are treatable and can possibly prolong her life. In the meantime, I would suggest making a list of your questions before she sees the vet in July and reading some of the threads available here.:alright:

IzzysfureverMom

TCS Member
Adult Cat
Purraise
From reading your posts it sounds like you are on top of her health and will follow through with your vet's recommendations. The good news is that both illnesses are treatable and can possibly prolong her life. In the meantime, I would suggest making a list of your questions before she sees the vet in July and reading some of the threads available here.:alright:
Doing both at the moment.!☺Both treatable but both seem treatments can be different and also maybe more options then years ago. So feel questions are super important in this case.