Cat proofing

Georgesmom

TCS Member
Young Cat
Purraise
I’ve had cats for years but I’ve had cats who are adults and not really bothered the tops of dressers or Knick knacks etc . My older cat doesn’t really get on counters or table etc . Someone said maybe he has arthritis . He may at this point but he does jump on the back of the chair and over a gate .
But now we have two kittens who’ve been so far confined to a bedroom . But we need to introduce them to the rest of the house and I’m worried about all the things they can get into .
My house is toddler proof . But not kitten proof . I have my knick knack keep sales on this one hutch shelf but it doesn’t have doors so stuff could get knocked down . i have plants in a window sill which definitely could be bad. And I have a bunch of stuff on a dresser top
So how do I go about proofing for kittens and preventing a bunch of stress over this stuff ?

Kris107

Cat mom, cat foster mom
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
For me, I put my most precious things where they could not be reached. Other things I knew I might have some casualties. For some things you could try museum wax but there are no guarantees. There was a period of a few months where at night time I really held my breath, waiting for the sounds of things getting knocked around. Protect the expensive/irreplaceable!