Would my cats like riding in a stroller?

terestrife

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
My cats have been stuck in a small bedroom now for a couple of years. I can't afford my own place (miami.) I have made my room cat friendly and they have jumping places all over, so they are happy. I am thinking about buying a stroller and heading to the park with them. but I'm wondering if they will like it? they hate being in a car because we are heading to their vet visit usually.

I have considered taking them for walks but that would mean the added expense of putting them on flea medicine. Which I have never liked using on them. If my room gets full of fleas I have nowhere to put them to get my room treated.

Just wondering what you guys think, I want to make their lives a little happier.

rubysmama

Forum Helper
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I think it's hard to know what they'd think of riding in stroller till you tried it. But it would be a way to give them a change of scenery.

There have been some threads on the topic over the years.

Here's the links to a couple:
They Love Stroller Rides!
Does anyone else's furbabies love the stroller?

And the link to all the ones with "stroller" in the thread title. (note some aren't about cat strollers)
Search Results for Query: stroller

If you decide to try a stroller, be sure to let us know how it goes.

BTW, good to see you, again. :)

sharlet2020

TCS Member
Kitten
Purraise
I think you would have to work your way to that that might be to much at once to process for them I would walk them in a stroller around the house before you introduce other people and noises till they are realxed. I bring my cats in a leash wherever I need to bring them and they love it but it took a lot of training to get them there I bring them to the vet on a leash with all the other animals running around dogs everywhere and they just sit right by me.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

terestrife

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I think it's hard to know what they'd think of riding in stroller till you tried it. But it would be a way to give them a change of scenery.

There have been some threads on the topic over the years.

Here's the links to a couple:
They Love Stroller Rides!
Does anyone else's furbabies love the stroller?

And the link to all the ones with "stroller" in the thread title. (note some aren't about cat strollers)
Search Results for Query: stroller

If you decide to try a stroller, be sure to let us know how it goes.

BTW, good to see you, again. :)
I try to come by from time to time. :loveeyes: I feel bad I dont check into the forum more often.

Thank you for the links! I want them to see more of the world, they get so excited when I put videos for them of the outside.

I think you would have to work your way to that that might be to much at once to process for them I would walk them in a stroller around the house before you introduce other people and noises till they are realxed. I bring my cats in a leash wherever I need to bring them and they love it but it took a lot of training to get them there I bring them to the vet on a leash with all the other animals running around dogs everywhere and they just sit right by me.
I'm so dumb, it didn't cross my mind to try taking them around my house. I will try that as soon as I can afford to buy the stroller. 😊

iPappy

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I try to come by from time to time. :loveeyes: I feel bad I dont check into the forum more often.

Thank you for the links! I want them to see more of the world, they get so excited when I put videos for them of the outside.

I'm so dumb, it didn't cross my mind to try taking them around my house. I will try that as soon as I can afford to buy the stroller. 😊
You could check things like Facebook marketplace to see if someone has a gently used one for sale too 🙂. You sound like a very dedicated cat parent!

fionasmom

Staff Member
Purraise
I agree that you should look for a less expensive stroller until you know that this will work, and then gently break them into the idea by using it around your house. My dog vet (who also sees cats) is in a village type area with a lot of pedestrians and sometimes there are so many stroller in the waiting room that it looks like a day care.

• Thread Starter Thread Starter

terestrife

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
You could check things like Facebook marketplace to see if someone has a gently used one for sale too 🙂. You sound like a very dedicated cat parent!
ok I will do that. Here I was looking for a cute one. :lol: I will check around to see what I can find less expensive.

I agree that you should look for a less expensive stroller until you know that this will work, and then gently break them into the idea by using it around your house. My dog vet (who also sees cats) is in a village type area with a lot of pedestrians and sometimes there are so many stroller in the waiting room that it looks like a day care.
:lol: That sounds like a place I would love to live in. I don't see any pet strollers near where I live. Only a few ones with dogs.

iPappy

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
ok I will do that. Here I was looking for a cute one. :lol: I will check around to see what I can find less expensive.

:lol: That sounds like a place I would love to live in. I don't see any pet strollers near where I live. Only a few ones with dogs.
You might find some cute ones available for cheaper :) I had one that was roomy and zipped up completely to prevent escape. The only thing I didn't like is the actual basket they sat in wasn't really attached to anything, so it wobbled a bit as it was pushed.