Who still eats mcdonalds kentuky fried,etc ?

doomsdave

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I'll go to Mickey D's in the morning for a couple Sausage McMuffins with egg and a hash brown, and some water to drink (that I provide).

iPappy

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
I never cared all that much for KFC, and the last time I was at a Mickey D's was in 2020, just before the state was shut down. A quarter pounder with cheese, two hash browns, a medium hot tea, and a small coffee were over $16. Haven't been back since, or to any other fast-food place either, for that matter.
I was told by some friends that McDonalds, inside, is all touch screen and you basically deal with a computer to pay. I honestly don't think I could figure out how to order food at a place like that.
We have a BK that is reasonably priced with really nice, friendly workers. I'll visit that one occasionally. There's also a Lee's Chicken that IMO beats KFC hands down. The prices are better, the food is better, and the workers are fantastic.

VAMama

Cosette's maid
Adult Cat
Purraise
I'm all over the place. One minute I'm buying organic free range beef at the store, next minute I'm going to McDonalds.

doomsdave

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
I was told by some friends that McDonalds, inside, is all touch screen and you basically deal with a computer to pay. I honestly don't think I could figure out how to order food at a place like that.
We have a BK that is reasonably priced with really nice, friendly workers. I'll visit that one occasionally. There's also a Lee's Chicken that IMO beats KFC hands down. The prices are better, the food is better, and the workers are fantastic.
Mickey Ds tried The Thing and customers revolted.

denice

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
The last time I went into Taco Bell I went inside because the line for the Drive thru was long. It's no big deal. Just touch screen for ordering and they had the machine to use plastic next to it.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
We have a place that has been touch screen for +15 years and I love it! Its so much easier to customize what you want and determine allergens! Of course the touching thing was a deterrent during early covid days; but now even our hospital has you check in via touch screen before you talk to anyone.

I also like ordering through apps because of that. Panera at least gives you the option of tablet size touch screens, their app, or a live person. They even have a section for notifying them of the most common allergens; but unfortunately not a custom one like avocado for me. Its really nice to be able to ask them to leave off salt and stuff.

doomsdave

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
The HUGE problem with Mc Donald's kiosk was the too-small icons for sandwiches, and the confusing instructions.

AbbysMom

At Abby's beck and call
Staff Member
Purraise
I used to get the premium chicken strips and the salads from McDonalds but they don't sell either anymore. I do like their breakfast burritos and get them once in a while. I may get chicken strips from Kentucky Fried chicken once or twice year.

IndyJones

Adopt don't shop.
Top Cat
Purraise
Touch screens will make me leave a place almost instantly. I hate how tempermental they are and they are always filthy. Like people touch them without washing there hands first. You don't know where they have been. I have seen people use the washroom and not wash their hands, pick their nose, all kinds of gross stuff then touch the screens. Eww.

iPappy

TCS Member
Staff Member
Forum Helper
Purraise
Touch screens will make me leave a place almost instantly. I hate how tempermental they are and they are always filthy. Like people touch them without washing there hands first. You don't know where they have been. I have seen people use the washroom and not wash their hands, pick their nose, all kinds of gross stuff then touch the screens. Eww.
Exactly. And I know for a fact there are people in my own neighborhood that are practically begging for work. I'm sure the majority of them would be happy to take food orders for a paycheck.

misty8723

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Not MacDonalds or Kentucky fried but I do eat Wendys more than I should. Always the same, plain burger (no cheese) and plain baked potato. Butter on the potato, take the roll off and eat the burger with a fork and knife. It's not great but it's fast and easy and I hate to cook.
The only other fast food once in a while is a Jersey Mike's sub, but I'm not liking them as much as I used to.

MoochNNoodles

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
I love that hot relish at Jersey Mike's. I don't eat there much, unless I have a coupon, but they're good.
DS chose Jersey Mikes for his birthday dinner this year. They are more expensive; but they do make a much better sub than Subway. We have 2 local chains that would be my first choice 95% of the time; but Jersey Mikes is easily next on the list. (Probably would be the easy 2nd if they were comparable price wise.)

sivyaleah

TCS Member
Veteran
Purraise
We eat it more than I care to admit. I could live without it, but my husband well, he does like his burgers and fries and I rarely will make that at home unless we're grilling.

vansX2

TCS Member
Top Cat
Purraise
Being that my community only has a McDonald's and a Culver's. I never go too a Wendy's , Burger King, Kentucky Fried even when I'm out town. I haven't been To the local McDonald's in at least 2 years. Went to the Culver's Drive through maybe a month ago. I think the prices at these places is terribly high for what you receive so I stay away as much as possible.

Biomehanika

Toxoplasmosis Mind Control Slave
Adult Cat
Purraise
Seriusly if you like this kind of food get an air fryer. They cook it so much better than the fast food places.
Oh gosh, thanks for reminding me that I need to make air fryer crispy chicken sandwiches again… they are so good :loveeyes: